Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • People will steal anything
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I had an old scruffy pair of DC skate trainers I wore for gardening or washing the car. I trod in a rather stinky dog egg while cleaning the car yesterday so I left them in the doorstep. I got home from work tonight and noticed they have gone. Well I hope their new owner is pleased with them, poop and all.

Cougar

I threw a bunch of old cushions out a couple of weeks ago. They’d gone by the time the bin collection arrived.

Little while ago I had a new bathroom suite fitted. Threw the bog in a skip, by the time we’d got the bath out it’d gone. Who the hell wants a second hand crapper in nasty sun-bleached yellow?

surfer
    Free Member

I always leave my running shoes outside just under the porch so I dont walk mud in the house.
    When I was a teenager and living with my parents I left a pair outside after a run and they went missing. A week later I saw the old pensioner from a few doors up walk past with them on. He had the usual dowdy old brown trousers with a funky pair of Adidas running shoes!
    He was a 2nd world war veteran and I think was a Japanese prisoner of war. He looked odd but he was welcome to them.
    I assume he thought they had been thrown out.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Who the hell wants a second hand crapper in nasty sun-bleached yellow?

brakes
    Free Member

maybe a fox pinched them? they like to eat them – especially stinky ones covered in dog poo icing

houndlegs
    Free Member

Many moons ago when I still lived with my parents, my Dad used to come home for lunch, and take his work boots off and leave them by the front door. One day, he went back out to go back to work and someone had stolen one of his boots, just the one, he never did get to the bottom of it.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

And yet I left an old MTB frame behind our bins (clearly visible from the road) thinking it would taken quick sharp, it’s still there months later!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I cleared my old house out a couple of years ago (left in a shite state by a tenant who happily claimed housing benefit but kept it) & filled a skip full of his stinking, shitty, worthless crap. I couldn’t believe what went from that skip before it was collected.
    There really must be some deseprate folk out there.

donks
    Free Member

Kids have just grabbed them and probably chucked them down the street.

40mpg

Last month I put out the bottle box for collection. Had quite a few extra *cough* so put them in an old plastic tub from the garage in the hope the recycling guys would take them too.

Next morning, the old tub had gone, empty bottles and all! I checked the hedgerows up and down the road in case someone had dumped them, but no they had taken a manky old tub and a load of empty wine bottles and jamjars. The recycling box (which was a much better plastic box) was still there full of bottles. Most strange 😯

takisawa2

We used to play knock & run on a house round the corner.
    The chap was a runner & used to leave his trainers under the car port.
    He’d often jump into the trainers & give chase.

I’ll never forget the night Billy Cliff dropped a dog egg in to one of the trainers.
    We never thought a man in one shoe could run that fast.

Some weeks later we paid a return visit, & discovered how fast a barefoot man can run, after finding his shoes on fire.

dknwhy

Mate of mine left his muddy shoes outside the tent at a festival. Found they’d been nicked overnight so spent the rest of the weekend raving in his socks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A girl stole my heart once.. I feel yer pain OP

singlespeedstu

I swapped the dead battery on Mrsstus car.
    Put the old one at the end of the drive to remind me to take it to the tip the next day.
    Went in the house for ten minutes and when I came out it had gone.

nedrapier

There’s money in old batteries. Lead innit. and polypropylene. and sulphuric acid

shifter
    Free Member

Half a dozen doors down from me there’s a house on a corner plot with the garage sideways on at the front, IYKWIM. Leant against the front of the garage is a BSO that’s been there for a month easy. Not been touched.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

In a previous job I once dropped a Nokia into a tank full of activated sewage sludge. Eventually retrieved it when tank was cleaned out.
    Left on on kitchen windowsill at back of house.

It went!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Some fool stole the poppy money tin from a pub in derby. Jeesus he’s a dead man walking if faceache is owt to go by…

hatter

We had a woman steal the NSPCC charity tin from the bike shop I used to work at. Came in pushing a pram with a nipper in it, waiting for a member of staff to turn thier backs, pulled out a pair of scissors, snipped the chord it was hanging from and stuffed it into the bottom of the pram, walked out bold as brass.

Birmingham, gotta love it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘People will steal anything’ is closed to new replies.