Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !
  • kimbers
    project
    Free Member

sainsburys yesterday pump empty in front of me because it had a yellow sign on the pump out of order, woman squeezes past me, and stops at pump, then sees yellow sign has to drive out and rejoin rear of the queue, how we all secretly cheered at a queue jumper failure.

Then another BP station the pumps talk to you a little message about fuel etc, i always say thankyou for that information, have a nice day, always gets some weird looks of the person other side of pump

leftyboy
    Free Member

Waited ages the other day to fill up on the right side. My excuse is I’m waiting for a shoulder reconstruction so dragging the pump to the wrong is literally a pain 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

sainsburys yesterday pump empty in front of me because it had a yellow sign on the pump out of order, woman squeezes past me, and stops at pump, then sees yellow sign has to drive out and rejoin rear of the queue, how we all secretly cheered at a queue jumper failure.

I did exactly the same (front left pump, no?), feel free to laugh at your believed queue jumping. It probably wasn’t queue jumping, it was probably like me in that a driver sees a vacant pump, drives past the car that is filling, you must have parked a country mile from the pump if she had to squeeze by as I could easily get the 4×4 through, and then doesn’t see that the pump has no diesel as the signage is poor. In my case I just drove away and filled else where. But hey, laugh away
    You’d be perfect for a Daily Mail headline writer.

paton
    Free Member

Is this what people are talking about, at about 9:00 in?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nhV8mHKag[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nhV8mHKag

bails

Didn’t someone on here do that? And then claim they shouldn’t have to pay for the safety coupling to be replaced?!

onehundredthidiot

Used to not matter in the van, could fill up parked on either side. But the local pumps now have a reinforced section which u-bends the hose meaning it now doesn’t reach. Just annoying.

angeldust
    Free Member

Only £20 a time for me when filling up. Easier to remember for my accounts, leaves me loads of receipts that my accountant has to go through but I’m a tight git so if the car engine explodes or it gets written off by some clown and the tanks is full, that’s £25 wasted that’s going to be drained by some grease monkey into his old Transit recovery wagon better in my pocket.

So you are really that tight that if your car explodes or gets written off, that’s what your worried about? Some people’s tightness really borders on obsessiveness/mental illness. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !’ is closed to new replies.