Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • People who leave bike locks on street furniture?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So a while back I was waiting outside a gym for my daughters to finish their latest fad lesson that cost’s me a fortune & spied a rather cheapish looking lock attached to the railings without anything actually attached to it.
    Looked about a bit & realised there are quite a few, then thought that actually you seem to see them everywhere, gym’s, train stations, random lamposts etc. So anyway this one was a combi lock, so wasting time I thought I’d have a go at cracking it, about a minute later I had & then I had to think about what I should do about it! So anyway in my infinite wisdom I decided to take the circlip off the end & mix uo the numbers a bit & then put it back as if it hadn’t been moved, but with a different combination 😈

Gordy
    Free Member

What a tit.

;O)

allthepies
    Free Member

Well done, that’s someone’s head messed with later then. 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

What a tool.

druidh
    Free Member

So important you had to start two threads on it?

petrieboy

If you wanted to do them a favour you could have moved it to a different but visible railing. Twunt. Case closed.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well done, that’s someone’s head messed with later then.

I was thinking it was a public service type action, after all I cracked the combo in only a few seconds 🙂

cupra
    Free Member

You keep thinking that, I’m with the others.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    So important you had to start two threads on it?

Sorry, new forum broken, gave me some random message saying to slow down because I worked to fast, I have never been guilty of that, so I blame the forum 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

so when that person arrives at the gym, they can’t lock their bike up, so they don’t bother, thinking it’ll be ok. That person then has their bike stolen so starts driving to the gym, contributing to directly to global warming, they tell their friends who cycle that their bike got stolen so all their friends start driving, and they tell their friends and they tell their friends and so on and so on and so on. until the polar ice caps melt and we all drown, or have to share what little land is left with fatties who drive everywhere due to the fear of crime orchestrated by your prank. Perhaps you should unlock the lock, and leave a note saying “I know your code, change it!”

spread the love a little!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

until the polar ice caps melt and we all drown

Hadn’t thought about that, my bad 🙄

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Blatantly untrue.

What actually happened was that you were bored outside the gym, saw a cheap lock and then invented this whole story. Quite what possessed you to actually post it is a mystery. Drink perhaps?

coffeeking
    Free Member

it is actually ridiculously easy to pick a combi lock, but not everyone can do it. So it wasn’t a very nice thing to do. Though I really do hate people who leave their locks on street furniture, making the place look a complete mess with tattered rusty locks hanging left right and centre.

skidartist
    Free Member

Theres another reason why you’ll see empty bikelocks on street furniture but people here get uppity if you discuss how bikes get stolen

Bumhands
    Free Member

Coffeeking – I leave bike locks on street furniture. Beats carrying 2 locks everywhere.

hels
    Free Member

At the moment I have bike locks at two work locations and at the local supermarket. Shoot me.

DezB
    Free Member

hels – Member
    At the moment I have bike locks at two work locations and at the local supermarket. Shoot me.

What, for not reading the original post? 😉

aP
    Free Member

I bet everyone who knows you says,”He’s very helpful isn’t he.”
    Just so you’re certain – that’s not a compliment.

hels
    Free Member

I did read the original post DezB, which I interpreted as an attack on “people who leave bike locks attached to street furniture” as that was the heading, and he proceeded to sabotage some poor strangers lock.

I think perhaps you may have read it but failed to understand it. I am also going to extrapolate that you won’t be posting in the “did you go to uni thread” 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I am also going to extrapolate that you won’t be posting in the “did you go to uni thread

I don’t get your meaning

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Surely it’s still littering! I think the council should go round and cut every one of them… Laziness isn’t an excuse!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yeah, its laziness that prevents me taking my 2kg D lock everywhere I go, leaving it on the sheff stand outside work.

If you want to use the stand when I’m not there, just lock your bike to it, numpty. All I’ll do is remove my own lock and use another stand. Not exactly intellectually taxing is it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not exactly intellectually taxing is it?

ADH, this is STW. So therefore, yes it is. And worth a good argumnet to boot….. 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*froths at mouth*

Oh no it isn’t!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**slaps ADH**

CALM DOWN MAN!!

Olly
    Free Member

Safe!
    so when that person has ridden the 10 miles to the gym to go for a swim, they will have to turn around and head home again, as they cant lock thier bike to anything.
    Did you lock to it, the money for a new lock?

Needless to say if i come across any of you mixing up the combination on MY lock i will take it back from you, and then smack you over the head with it….. and its a heavy one, which is why i dont carry it to and fro

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bloody well would, you lazy scruff! 😀

Personally I always carry my lock with me, don’t really see the bind myself.

Needless to say if i come across any of you mixing up the combination on MY lock i will take it back from you, and then smack you over the head with it….. and its a heavy one, which is why i dont carry it to and fro

If you use a combi lock it’s your own doing 😀

DezB
    Free Member

so when that person has ridden the 10 miles to the gym to go for a swim, they will have to turn around and head home again, as they cant lock thier bike to anything.

Ah, so that’s why he did it: Cyclists Liberation Front!

HermanShake
    Free Member

What a hollow way to pass the time.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Not wise to leave locks lying about. The usual MO of the thief is to superglue the lock then nick the bike when the owner is forced to leave it unlocked.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Every now & again I like to go back on my post’s & see how I come across to others…

Probably a bad idea to restart this one, but having thought about it (totally sober if that makes any difference) I would still do the same if I came across another one, I really dislike any form of litter, whether it be for someone else’s purpose or not.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s ok. I think I’ll come round to your place, change all your locks while your out, then have a really good laugh about it to myself later.

I might even go on an internet forum and tell everyone what a fabulous wit I am…

To soon for a Colin Hunt pic?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Jeez Fred, your an arse, your more than welcome to come around to mine & try & change the locks whilst I’m out, but just how would you…

1, know where I live

2, gain access to my house

3, Actually laugh, you know, what with that hard done by life that you have?

aP
    Free Member

I still haven’t changed my opinion of you.

Haze

I leave my lock on the car park railings outside my office, it’s a heavy bastard that I’d rather not have to find room for on my commute every day.

I imagine it’d be quite nasty to get slapped with 😛

allthepies
    Free Member

The guy sells porsches, says it all 😀

amodicumofgnar

I put a lock on a set of railings 8 years ago meaning to come back later in the day and get it back, then lost the key, its been there ever since.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

allthepies, why?

Am I not allowed a living?

leffeboy

I really dislike any form of litter, whether it be for someone else’s purpose or not

but you just left litter with the purpose of making a point about litter but now it can’t be removed except by the gifted 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but just how would you…

1, know where I live

2, gain access to my house

3, Actually laugh, you know, what with that hard done by life that you have?

Never underestimate the Power of the Elf…

And you’re calling me an arse? You, what thinks it’s hilarious to fiddle with someone’s lock?

What if the geezer had come out and given you a proper serious kicking, leaving you in hospital with a perforated lung and a ruptured spleen? And a fractured eye socket and smashed jaw? Would you think it so hilarious then?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘People who leave bike locks on street furniture?’ is closed to new replies.