Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • People who laugh after saying things – why?
  • robdob
    Free Member

I have noticed this at my workplace recently and then noticed it more and more and it drives me nuts!

So someone is having a conversation, while they are talking about the reason for the meeting or something it doesn’t happen but when they talk about other stuff they laugh afterwards. Or actually it’s just a “a hahahaha”. They don’t seem to be amused by anything and they haven’t said or heard anything funny, they just do a little laugh. Why?

I just heard someone seeing another person out of the office and they said something like “so I will try and get to the meeting next week and discuss this ahahahahaha”. Why?

Are they mental? Am I mental?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Your mental hahaha

mogrim

Are you mental? Ha, of course you are.

dmorts

Insecurity

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s a primate bonding thing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Like that dude in Alan Partridge, Mike the racist from West Acton

matt_outandabout

Insecurity

It is with me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

GORDONS ALIVE!

globalti
    Free Member

It’s the verbal equivalent of sticking a spurious and meaningless LOL on the end of a texted sentence. It’s just a way of making light of stuff in the hope of not causing offence.

tomhoward

Wondering the same thing, a lad (nice enough, but a bit socially inept) at work does it at the end of Every. Single. Sentence.

oldejeans
    Free Member

😆

wwaswas

Your mental hahaha

I’m pedantal and it’s “You’re”.

noltae
    Free Member

They’re mirroring all the empty souls they watch on their idiot box .. That one factor – it’s annoying I agree OP..

vickypea
    Free Member

Nervous reaction?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Socially acceptable practice to dissipate any misunderstood anomalies during the conversation piece.

Happens all the time, hahahhaahhhhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhhhhhahahahahhahahhhhhhaaaa

ha

ha

Drac

LoL!

plyphon
    Free Member

I’m pedantal and it’s “You’re”.

Whoooosh!

You hear that? That’s the sound of the joke flying over you’re head lol a haha lmao

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

it’s nerves, they are unsure of what they are saying and not confident so they laugh at the end to make it seem less threatening. e.g. I hate you, hahaha!

a bit like the Aussie HRT

Northwind

Apparently, when I tell jokes, it’s not always clear whether it was actually a joke, or whether I’m a moron, or a terrible human being. So a little laugh after a comment about slashing someone’s tyres can be very disarming. As long as you do the right laugh.

enfht
    Free Member

Count yourselves lucky, a **** of a colleague here has ‘Pathological Laughter’

…and another has ‘bad’ tourettes, i.e. football chants rather than funny swearing & insults 😆

chambord
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQzby9_NVo[/video]

crankboy
    Free Member

It is a nervous ingratiating space filler , it would not happen in our office without a few choice epithets being thrown.

robdob
    Free Member

“It’s just a way of making light of stuff in the hope of not causing offence”

The thing is that most of the time there is no way what they said could have caused any offence. I just don’t trust people who do it!
    There are some people who are naturally jolly and make light of things and chuckle/laugh a bit, that’s fine. But “I’m just going back to my desk, I’ll speak to you tomorrow AHAHAHAHAHAHA”

RUN AWAY!

konabunny
    Free Member

lol

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘People who laugh after saying things – why?’ is closed to new replies.