Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • People who know about Garage Band
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Folks

I have a track in WAV format. The way the track is right now, the sound starts as soon as the track plays. I would like to add a few seconds of silence on to the start of it. Is that possible with Garage Band? This is the only music software I have.

Many thanks!

Simon

iDave
    Free Member

get wave pad?

geoffj

I don’t use Garageband Simon, but could you not record another wav file of the correct length of silence and join the two together?

simonralli2
    Free Member

I recorded the piece in a studio. I got the CD back from the studio today but this is the only thing that I want to change.

I can of course contact them again and have it reworked, but I was wondering if this was something that I could do myself.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that possible with Garage Band?

You’d be amazed at what is possible with Garagebaynd. I managed to really, really annoy my flatmates for an entire weekend, messing about with it to produce strange sounds.

I use it to distort recordings of my own voice, which I then use to produce threatening ‘phone messages to people I don’t like/want money off of.

cbike
    Free Member

Move it along the time line – (may need to deselect snap to grid) Click and drag the wave form, it will move about. Then export as whatever you like.
    Or record “silence” as above if you don’t want it too clean and need atmosphere in the silence

plumber
    Free Member

as c bike but you might need to move the render margins to excapsulate the whole recording

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘People who know about Garage Band’ is closed to new replies.