• This topic has 82 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • people who get in the lift to go up 1 or 2 floors
  • organic355
    Free Member

stop it you lazy feckers!!!

iDave
    Free Member

i think a big part of the govt obesity plan should be to make all lifts, moving walkways and escalators really really slow. Annoyingly slow. So slow, that even biffers choose to walk.

camo16
    Free Member

Most of them don’t even have the decency to look ashamed.

I’d be like this:

😳

while the rest of the list – which, of course would be full – would be like this:

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

JEngledow
    Free Member

We’ve a fat cow in the office who gets the lift to the second floor and then spends the day whinging(sp?) about being fat!

ton

they may have a serious health issue that you dont know about. ❓

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I use the lift to go up to the vending machine on the 2nd floor. Why waste the energy?

BoardinBob

Even worse are those that get in the lift to go DOWNstairs 😕

Bunnyhop

Our next door neighbours drive everywhere. The wife works half a mile away and drives her sporty BMW.
    The husband takes his punto to the station which is just under a mile away.
    The wife then comes home and dons her running gear and goes out for a jog. Madness.

RealMan
    Free Member

I lived on the second floor of a building last year. Lift to go up, lift to go down, every time. Also regularly take the lift in buildings to go up or down one or two floors.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I use lifts whenever I get the opportunity. Same goes with escalators. Something about them releases my inner child.

Our next door neighbours drive everywhere. The wife works half a mile away and drives her sporty BMW.
    The husband takes his punto to the station which is just under a mile away.
    The wife then comes home and dons her running gear and goes out for a jog. Madness.

Perhaps she doesn’t have the facility to change/shower at work?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Perhaps she doesn’t have the facility to change/shower at work?

For half a mile walking would be the most sensible option wouldn’t it?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For half a mile walking would be the most sensible option wouldn’t it?

But that isn’t a jog and perhaps she doesn’t like walking?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Perhaps she’s fat and useless? A lad at work got into the lift, got out on the 2nd floor and I watched him walk down to the 1st. Had to laugh at that one.

rogg
    Free Member

Why do people drive to the gym then spend their whole time on the treadmill? Insanity gone mad, I tell you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just remembered the paternoster lift they had in one of the buildings at Uni. That was magic.

portlyone

The stairs at our new building have glass sides and there’s a sheer drop to one side. People with no head for heights always use the lift.

I use the lift to go 9 floors up and down, it’s a time saver (though I am lazy).

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I hate people with disabilities and love judging people.

I have CFS/ME and sometimes take the lift if I’m feeling a bit weak/ill.

iDave
    Free Member

My place is on the 5th floor. I always walk up and when it doesn’t hurt my legs I know it’s time to train hard again. The lift is an old weird thing, takes forever to flaff around with the doors anyway.

Who mentioned disabilities grum?

geoffj

I’ve just remembered the paternoster lift they had in one of the buildings at Uni. That was magic.

The Engineering Building at Leicester.

The standard gag was to go ‘over the top’ and do a handstand as it came down the other side to ‘scare’ the freshers. 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdpKD9FVAXo&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/video]

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In my old office, the receptionist lived two bus stops away. The road curved in a big u-shape, so the distance travelled on the bus was further than the walking distance. She got the bus home as well. Twice a week her dad drove her to the gym, which was around 700 yards from her house, then drove her home again.
    Ay the gym, she spent 20 minutes on the walking machine

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah, Sheffield’s Arts Tower.

grum
    Free Member

Who mentioned disabilities grum?

As ton said, they aren’t always obvious.

ransos
    Free Member

As ton said, they aren’t always obvious.

That’s true, but it’s not controversial to say that many people take the lift who are perfectly capable of walking up a flight of stairs. It’s certainly true where I work.

Flaperon

Due to security restrictions where I work, you can only use the lifts to go up, but you can get access to the stairs to come down.

Grimy
    Free Member

Half the blame is with the archcitects who design the buildings. Often the lifts are made the central focus of a multi story buildings lobby, all decorated and carpeted to invite you in to the lift, whilst should you choose to take the stairs, your forced to search for a side door into the cold bleak hard concreate stairwell where you feel somewhat second class.

sobriety
    Free Member

One of my housemates rode it naked apart from a charity bucket.

rogg
    Free Member

We had a paternoster thingy at Birmingham Poly – scared the shit out of me. I always had visions of arms and legs being pinched off. Are they legal anymore?

will
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

Yes 😆 Think it’s gone now though…

I get the lift at work because I’m not carrying my bike up 4 floors of stairs 😆 One of the chaps in the office keep telling me to ride down the stairs, said he’ll pay me £50 as well 😆

Edit: This reminds me of teh lift/stairs at Covent Garden. I always take teh stairs, despite there being a sign at teh bottom saying 269 stairs! Great when you see some people half way up stopping for a breather 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s certainly true where I work.

TBH, where I work, if they got rid of the lift I reckon it would cut down on smoking breaks.

Liftman

Keep using the lift it’s keeping me in a job :mrgreen:

iDave
    Free Member

Lift in my gaff is a Schindler

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lift in my gaff is a Schindler

I giggled when I saw one of those for the first time recently.

binners

Grimy – I’d agree with the thing about the design of the building. As you walk into our offices, the stairs are right in front of you. The lift is tucked away round the back of them. I work on the third floor. In 12 months I have never once used the lift, nor have I seen anyone I work with use it. The only time it is ever used is for deliveries

MrsToast
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXh2n0aPyw[/video]

Liftman

Idave, I would take the stairs, seriously 😕

ransos
    Free Member

In my office, the lift is very slow, and you have to walk past the stairs to get to it. Some people really do work at their laziness.

Flaperon

Who do I write to so we have those stairs everywhere*?

* Except outside my flat, obviously.

Pook

I’m just passing the arts tower now

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m just passing the arts tower now

I almost feel like we’re related.

How is the wonderful City?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Holy shit, the Arts Tower paternoster has gone?

At my old work (a two storey building) I used to use the lift occasionally just to have thirty seconds to myself away from the constant nagging.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘people who get in the lift to go up 1 or 2 floors’ is closed to new replies.