Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • People who beep their car horn when driving away
  • phiiiiil

STOP IT

JUST STOP IT

Say goodbye to the people you’re leaving verbally, give them a hug or something, just don’t say goodbye to the entire blummin’ neighbourhood!

ffs. It really gets my goat.

bearnecessities

0.33/10

allthepies
    Free Member

<beep beep>

bearnecessities

*beeps back at ATP*

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I do it.

Not really interested in your goat.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Great thread guys.

Right, I got to go now.

*honk honk*

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Beepers should be punished somehow.

redthunder
    Free Member

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I do it to embarrass the person I’m dropping off . Beep beep

stu170
    Free Member

I do it and a cheery wave, to random people on the street, really fun game to play, the look on confusion on people’s faces as they wave back, but don’t have a clue who i am

revs1972
    Free Member

^^^^recently introduced this game to the missus. She was not amused

jekkyl

Totally agree Op.
    People who beep their horns when pulling away… 20 fathoms down should do it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha. Try living on a corner. We have a few regulars who like to toot on approach. Y’know…”I’m coming towards the corner…a bit too fast to stop if I meet you so please wait for me to come careering round. I’m busy making progress.” 😀

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

… Should be fired directly into the sun. Thread done.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Taxi driver’s doorbell” is one that gets me. Pulling up outside someone’s house then beeping to let you know you are waiting, especially popular in the early morning. Chumps.

Houns

Should be culled

v8ninety

OP, Do you get upset when the bloke across the road ‘flashes’ his lights in your window too? I may know you. Tell me; is it your wife or your mum?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Had someone flash their lights at me in a car park once, went over to give them a piece of my mind – totally got the wrong end of my stick. Their stick.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Talking of beeping & flashing lights, here’s a great game to play when you’ve got the kids in the car when the traffic isn’t too bad. When you see a car coming towards you, flash your lights & wave as though you know them then get the kids to look out the rear window & see how many wave back.
    I know It’s simple but my kids used to love it, billy suggers! 😆

PePPeR

^^^

We call it sweet or sour, kids love playing it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Another fun game is to beep the horn at people walking across a zebra crossing then quickly look at the floor. But only if you’re in the passeneger seat.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Will admit to not so much of a beep, but a “bip” just seems polite!

phiiiiil

Not to everyone in a hundred metre radius it’s not. Wind the window down, say “bye”, job done!

First against the wall, etc

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Quite partial to a beep,da,da,….beep,beep.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

GTA online gamers have a nice line in wating until you think you’re doing really rather well. Then they drive at you from nowhere and sticky-bomb the poo out you before driving away honking cheerfully at your charred corpse.

Caher

When I was a student I worked on building sites and the builders van used to beep until I got up and again when they dropped me off.
    Never got any Christmas cards of the neighbours

shermer75
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    “Taxi driver’s doorbell” is one that gets me. Pulling up outside someone’s house then beeping to let you know you are waiting, especially popular in the early morning. Chumps.

Snipers. This needs to be fixed with snipers, on every roof top.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely its more fun to put the sirens on ?

jools182
    Free Member

Along with people who can’t be arsed getting out of their car and knocking on the door and instead sit outside repeatedly sounding their horn

Total cretins

Some top hat does it at 7 in the morning near here too

simmy
    Free Member

Beeping at random pedestrians is my favourite game.

They tend to wave back more at the van than the car. Guess everyone knows someone who has a white van.

When they have waved then do a double take as if to say ” who the ….. ” is priceless.

takisawa2

We live opposite a junction, just a minor one on an estate. Folk often use it for turning around, but occasionally some idiot will sit there presumably waiting for someone, with his main beam straight at the house. I’d just come back from a night ride once, & one of the aforementioned idiots was sat, bathing the house in his glorious light, so walked up to the car & flicked my helmet light on, full whack, in his face, & cheerfully asked if he was lost.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Problem with that JY is that then they’d knew who we were and who to complain too 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Our neighbour’s mother does it on arrival. It really does squeeze my piles. Plus it’s an Evoque with a crap attempt at a private plate. Silly, silly cow.

Marin
    Free Member

Stamp on their heads till their eyes burst.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Round here the honking at strangers for response is called village idiot.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like to give everyone a toot and a cheery wave. Pedestrians, cyclists, equestrians. Only being friendly, what’s wrong with that?

njee20
    Free Member

Stamp on their heads till their eyes burst.

Too good for ’em.

peabrain
    Free Member

Round here everyone knows everyone anyway so you do drive down the street waving at everyone.

unovolo
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/K4b7fstzR5U?t=1m36s[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

We live opposite a junction, just a minor one on an estate. Folk often use it for turning around, but occasionally some idiot will sit there presumably waiting for someone, with his main beam straight at the house. I’d just come back from a night ride once, & one of the aforementioned idiots was sat, bathing the house in his glorious light, so walked up to the car & flicked my helmet light on, full whack, in his face, & cheerfully asked if he was lost.

Did it bother your dog?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘People who beep their car horn when driving away’ is closed to new replies.