Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • People wanting late replacements for team members should…….
  • postierich
    Free Member

they really be asking for the full amount 😕 just because they have a team member wimp out or unable to hack 3 members riding for 24 hrs!

Its not really hard work to ride as a 3 member team so why ask for the full amount,I think its a bit cheeky and a donation of beer and cakes should suffice,anyone else have thoughts.

Not available for SITS btw I,ve blagged a spot already 😀

MS
    Free Member

I disagree. I would feel guilty if you knew that you turned up and didn't pay where the rest of the guys did.

If I was drafted in at the last moment I would pay. Yeah the guys would owe me a few beers and all but I woudn't expect them too foot the bill for me.

To be perfectly honest I would ride as a 3 if the person wouldn't pay…why should someone else get a free ride.

It's not really hard work to ride as a three….erm thats a bold statement! Any 24 hour race is hard work.

Just for the record I will be at SITS in a pair.

flatfish
    Free Member

beer and cake tokens only

crazy-legs

24hr races in America give massive fines for changing a team member. Partly it's to avoid the situation where people will submit a team of fictitious names in order to bag a place then sort the team out later.

Personally I'd say that if a team member has wimped out then they should meet the cost. If they've had to pull out through injury etc then the replacement member should foot the bill. After all, there's always plenty of people desperate for an entry or who applied and were refused so they've shown the willingness to pay.

wwaswas

crazy-legs – the problem wqith thaqt approach is you then end up with some hairy bloke turning up and swearing blind he's 'Sharon Smith' 'cos that's who's on the team list. I know the Leadville 100 had issues alogn these lines this year.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Don't mind paying the full amount, that is what it costs after all. Wouldn't entertain any markup though.
    In fact when I took Dimmadan's Grassington entry that he couldn't use (hope the knee is mending) he put in his post "open to offers". Profiting from someones misfortune (injury, bad planning, being a wimp, whatever) doesn't sit well with me so just offered the full price.

D0NK

If your explicitly asking a mate/person you know to cover someones place then asking them to pay is a bit cheeky. Coming on t'interweb and saying there's a place free who wants it at face value please is OK I guess especially if its due to sickness/injury, if the original person just changed their mind they should cover it. Asking for anything above face value is touting and should see the offending team getting booted.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Does anybody really say "oh, OK. I'll take part in that mountain-bike race if you're really stuck. But only as a favour to you. I don't really want to do it, so I'll not pay the entry fees."??

crazy-legs

crazy-legs – the problem wqith thaqt approach is you then end up with some hairy bloke turning up and swearing blind he's 'Sharon Smith' 'cos that's who's on the team list.

Yeah, you get the same thing in Sportives when organisers won't allow replacements. Potentially a very serious issue.

postierich
    Free Member

Does anybody really say "oh, OK. I'll take part in that mountain-bike race if you're really stuck. But only as a favour to you. I don't really want to do it, so I'll not pay the entry fees."??

Ermm YES ! I,ve done it afew times giving my all and done my share of shitty night laps!
    I,ve not turned up at an event looking for a freebie but if people are stuck they should be gratefull they have someone willing to help out and thet should take the financial shortfall on the chin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘People wanting late replacements for team members should…….’ is closed to new replies.