Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • people on here getting precious over trail……..;o(
  • ton

what gives………
    unless you actually own the trail it is free to anyone to ride, or to post about…..
    so **** lighten up people……. 8)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Why not post it on the actual thread so that people might have a scooby about what the **** you are talking about?

scaredypants

"precious over trail" – you talking about that bloke on the enduro who had his fork on back-to-front ?

sailor74
    Free Member

Precious over threads!

what gives…..
    if you are a member its free to post, and witter on about anything that doesnt make sense, so nobody has a clue what you are banging on about….
    so lighten up people…….

rOcKeTdOg

keep off my trail….nothing to see here….move along now

ton

rd……….you got it. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Why not post it on the actual thread so that people might have a scooby about what the **** you are talking about?

Because Ton is an attention whore. Duh!

ton

or cos it is a mtb forum, and it is a mtb issue. doh 8)

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

no, if I live near a trail that might be a bit cheeky, I ride it occasionally with care and responsibility, and some fellows come blasting through there on a saturday morning and spoil it for everyone I have a right to get upset about that.

I have no idea what original thread you are talking about

ton

mate, if it is cheeky, you should not be riding it………should you?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony- email me all yer phone numbers..

I've lost em..

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

mate, if it is cheeky, you should not be riding it………should you?

yes – so long as i don't skid the shet out of it, am considerate and friendly toward other users of the trail and don't plaster my deeds over the internet i don't see a problem

ton

mate, neither do i deep down, and if someone wants to post telling other riders it is good, i dont see the problem in that either.

sailor74
    Free Member

i recon sum peeps shud spend there saturday mornin takin remedial english classes insted ov ridin illegal trails,.

Drac

The issue was with the trail not being a bridlway and in the that area there is a revolt forming to stop mountain bikers riding where they like. So advertising it on here may encourage more to ride causing problems for local riders.

ton

drac, so local riders are ok to ride it, but nobody else…..
    not very fair that mate.

MrSparkle

Sometimes things aren't fair.

Drac

That's not what I've said is it now. I've been guided around some of the trails in that area, which was very kind of those to show and trust me to be sensible.

Blower
    Free Member

Will be riding there tomorow wi the lads,now that ive seen the advert,looks sweet.prob gonna take the dh bikes though. 😀

ton

no skids please…… 😆

Blower
    Free Member

I will, and so will the big group which are coming with me will drift instead 😉

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

where we talking about?

ton

if we tell you, we will have to kill you…so sorry.

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

post telling other riders it is good, i dont see the problem in that either.

The problem is that it's likely to encourage large numbers of others to use the trail. If it's in a delicate situation (due either to ROW designation or just the nature of the trail) it can cope with a few considerate riders. It can't cope with hordes of people on it.

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

where we talking about?

the asterisked and capitalised thread with a link publicising a video of blatantly irresponsible riding of a footpath

aside from that, i guess this is a general discussion on the morality (or sense) of widely publicising the riding of (and identifying) specific trails which are delicate (either through 'illegality' or for other reasons) and may encourage others to use them in a less than responsible manner

ton

but stw telling people how good the calderdale area is (every month) is ok?

thing is, if it is a row problem, then we should not be riding it at all.
    so i would stay away unless it was a legal trail.

but people acting in a n.i.m.b.y way is pi55 poor form really.

Blower
    Free Member

sanctimonious asshat – Member

where we talking about?

the asterisked and capitalised thread with a link publicising a video of blatantly irresponsible riding of a footpath

aside from that, i guess this is a general discussion on the morality (or sense) of widely publicising the riding of (and identifying) specific trails which are delicate (either through 'illegality' or for other reasons) and may encourage others to use them in a less than responsible manner

Sailor74 iz that goodenuf english? 😉

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

IM (ltd) E, calderdale is cool even on the bridleways – AFAIK ST folk don't condone thrashing down footpaths irresponsibly.

If a 'footpath' is ridden in a sensible fashion at times when it is reasonable to do so (e.g. not when it's sodden, not when people are likely to be walking on it in great numbers, in small numbers, and not cutting corners, riding off trail, and skidding all over the place) then even the most ardent anti-bike ROW campaigners don't have much to take issue with.

It doesn't appear (in this case) to be nimbyism so much as folks wanting to prevent others destroying their local riding experience – which they manage to sustain just fine. I don't see anything wrong with that.

no – I don't live (or ride) in calderdale

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

its a free country – go ride

no, if I live near a trail that might be a bit cheeky, I ride it occasionally with care and responsibility, and some fellows come blasting through there on a saturday morning and spoil it for everyone I have a right to get upset about that.

How ironic. You're allowed to ride it, but if someone else comes through not riding to your guidelines then you get pissed off?

Just for the record, I believe in riding responsibly in sensitive areas, however there's one particular area nearby that has been made all the better for the berms & jumps made by some irresponsible shredders.

The trail was there before I knew about it, I don't own it and at the same time I enjoy riding it. If it ends up being a no-go area for bikes, then so be it – I'm not going to get all sanctamonious about the others that choose to ride there.

radoggair
    Free Member

Maybe he lives near that trail and he thinks its his cheeky trail so loves a quick blast down it, then he see's some pleb with all the gear and all the fear mincing down it and thinks what a waste

shaggmiester
    Free Member

i will fight this sanctimonious asshole untill we as shredders have the right an ze freedom to shredd these trails down to de bedrox an then wud mek it even gnarlier trails, we must keep shredding!!!

mrmo
    Free Member

its a free country – go ride

Where did you get that stupid idea from, Everything is owned by someone, and most of them don't want you anywhere near their land.

loulouk
    Free Member

Oh dear. Yep free country. Yep, if you've found a fab trail, share it. Cept if it's illegal to ride it, in which case it's in everyones best interest to keep it quiet, because otherwise it fuels a fire which is currently kindling which could end up with us all thrown off all the trails and limited to trail centres. 4 x 4's crossed the ramblers and came off worse. Don't underestimate the power, influence, eloquence and contact network of the ramblers who don't want you on their footpaths. If the trail you're talking about is where I think it is, right now is absolutely the worst time to go ride it. Let the fires die down a bit first.

Drac

thing is, if it is a row problem, then we should not be riding it at all.
    so i would stay away unless it was a legal trail.

Well that's kind of the point of not advertising riding a footpath.

ton

i am now bored of this argument….i concede.
    keep the cheekiness secret.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and don't plaster my deeds over the internet i don't see a problem

who can he mean ??

cuckoo
    Free Member

There is a similar situation with many of the best trails near where I live. I don't mind being called a NIMBY because if I don't act in my self-interest nobody else is going to!

People posting videos of riding on footpaths is upto them but if they want to carry on riding mint trails in mint conditions they might be better served keeping stum.

Near where I live as people have posted about riding on certain footpaths the word has got out about the quality of the riding and the number of riders has increased exponentially. Whereas once it was just a few locals riding the trails now there are people travelling from much further afield. Often driving from nearby urban areas, parking inappropriatly and leaving a lot of litter around which causes further tensions.

In the end the landowners have felt the need to act by putting up new fences with gates across the trail. Whereas once the descent flowed uninterupted from top to bottom now there are a number of obstacles resulting in stopping to open gates etc. It's still an enjoyable trail to ride but not as good as in its heyday.

Some of the other trails which are less well known have remained less frequented and I can still ride them today pretty much as I did 15 years ago.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘people on here getting precious over trail……..;o(’ is closed to new replies.