Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • People of Bakewell and the surrounding areas
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m taking my caravan to Greenhills in Bakewell next week, maps on my iPad has me coming off the M1 onto the A617′ then the A619. Are these sensible options, I was hoping to avoid driving through Chersterfield if I’m honest

Ta
    X

That will be fine. Maybe a few minutes queue into Chez off the 617, but you bypass the town centre and the roads aren’t bad. Alternatives are further North through Sheffield or further south and through Matlock. I’d stick with the current route.

I live between Matlock and Bakewell btw. HTH.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers. That’s the way we usually head in, just I’ve never pulled a caravan that way.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i would come off at same junction but go thru clay cross instead of chezvegas

Suggsey
    Free Member

Its kind of you to warn all the people up that way that there will be a road hold up 😛

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Suggsey – Member
    Its kind of you to warn all the people up that way that there will be a road hold up

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It will be a road hold up of mammoth proportions.

iain1775
    Free Member

Greenhills eh? I know the owners, they used to have my wife’s horse on loan although we havent seen them for years now.
    have fun, taking the bike? There is a good ride straight from the campsite

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Might take the pompino. I’m still off the bike at the moment. But need to kick start things a little.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘People of Bakewell and the surrounding areas’ is closed to new replies.