Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • People not caring about other folks stuff (need to vent)
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Some blind oik crashed into my Mrs car whilst it was parked at work and drove off. Unfortunately there’s no cctv 🙁

It just pisses me off I have now got to fork out repairing something due to someone else’s inability to spot a car.

I’m more hacked off due to the fact we work hard for what we’ve got and really look after our stuff. I know it’s not the end of the world because no-one is hurt, there aren’t any melted baby robins or children’s faces. It’s just bloody annoying that some dick heads think this behaviour is ok.

Not the strongest rant ever, but grrrrrr.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Absolute pain in the arse; some people are absolute ****.

Although at the same time; it’s a good reason to have a car you don’t really care much for. I don’t know why the UK is so car obsessed.

mountainman

People putting shopping on other folks bonnet ,while they open their boot,then dragging it across my bonnet,nice load of scratches !!!!!!!!!!!
    Shopping trolleys !!!!!!!!!!!!

chambord
    Free Member

People putting shopping on other folks bonnet

People do that?!

project
    Free Member

Some people are unaware theyve hit another car, or may not be insured.

beefheart
    Free Member

They might not have even noticed if they were old?
    A similar thing happened to me earlier where an ‘old biddy dear was trying to park in the space in front of me, whilst I was parked and on the phone.
    She drove in forwards and I heard a scraping as she was failing to get in at the right angle- so I beeped to get her attention and told her to move back- but she could barely see over the steering wheel, and just completely ignored me, like I was being unreasonable by asking her not to continue slow motion crashing into my car!

She didn’t stop, and put a nice scratch in my bumper.
    I tried talking to her, but she was just muttering to herself and wouldn’t open her window and wouldn’t get out.

This is why old people shouldn’t be allowed to drive.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have a good walk around the work car park and its quite likely you’ll find the car. Put a potato up the exhaust / squirt grapefruit juice on it / wee on the handles etc.. etc

jam-bo

Try having your wife crash one of your cars into the other…

retro83
    Free Member

chambord – Member
    People putting shopping on other folks bonnet
    People do that?!

Yep, or their (heavy) handbags with 4 metal football boot style studs at the corners. 👿

“It’s just a car”

NO IT’S MY CAR SO YOU DON’T TOUCH IT

Bloody wife.

Cougar

It just pisses me off I have now got to fork out repairing something due to someone else’s inability to spot a car.

Only your excess though, shirley?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i reversed into a parked car in SA.

We went to get the woman out of the shop, explained, got her to follow us to a repair place, booked the car in, all within the space of 30 mins….i was apologetic, she was a very appreciative, hugs all round.

some people are ****.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’ll probably be cheaper in the long run to get it repaired myself.

bedmaker

So only a couple of hundred quid, that’s fine then 😆

BoardinBob

Some blind oik crashed into my Mrs car whilst it was parked at work and drove off. Unfortunately there’s no cctv

Happened to me years ago. Someone reversed into the front wing and drove off. Old man witnessed and came into work to see if the car belonged to anyone. He had the reg number, description of the car including size and colour and a description of the driver.

Police were called and they took all the details. They traced the driver using the reg number. Both he and the car fitted the witnesses description. He of course denied everything.

Police came back to me and told me because he denied it and the witness wasn’t able to say the make and model of his car there was nothing they could do…

thecaptain
    Free Member

Doesn’t really sound like a police matter BoardinBob, you could have sued him and might have won on balance of probabilities.

BoardinBob

Doesn’t really sound like a police matter BoardinBob, you could have sued him and might have won on balance of probabilities.

Failure to stop at or report an accident? Sounds like a police matter to me

Punishments for Leaving or Failing to Report a Road Traffic Accident
    As two of the more serious road traffic offences there are severe punishments involved if the driver is found guilty. Failure to stop at the scene of an accident and failure to report an accident can both result in driving disqualifications. Both of these offences can result in the driver having up to 10 penalty points applied to his or her licence. A fine of up to £5000 can also be applied. Drivers found guilty of either of these traffic offences can also be sentenced to up to six months in prison, although this is rare.
    Legal Obligations When Involved in a Traffic Accident
    There are a number of legal rules for those who are involved in a traffic accident including:
    Anyone involved in a traffic accident must stop at the scene
    Drivers should identity themselves to other drivers involved
    Personal details and insurance details should be exchanged whether a collision was involved or not
    If an accident did occur, name and address details must be exchanged regardless of who caused the accident
    Drivers who do not stop at the scene must report the accident to the police within 24 hours
    Failure to report will have occurred if a driver fails to report an accident within 24 hours
    A driver who fails to stop but then returns to the scene can still be found guilty of failing to stop
    Reports to the police will be required in person; a telephone call will not be sufficient

bigblackshed

The people who reverse into a supermarket car park space. Then proceed to bounce and scratch their shopping down the side of my car to reach their boot.

Hanging would be too good for them. ***** the lot of them.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

One of the reasons I wouldn’t buy a new car.

My car is chipped from other car doors banging into my car.

It’s only a car.
    It will get damaged.
    Yes people are inconsiderate.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I park about as far as it is physically possible to get from the actual store and walk the 300m to the door.

Usually isn’t another car within 50 m of me.
    Suits me fine.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Although at the same time; it’s a good reason to have a car you don’t really care much for. I don’t know why the UK is so car obsessed.

Well said Sir.

CountZero

Failure to understand why people like to own nice things shocker! 🙄
    This gets trotted out time and time again with monotonous and tedious regularity.
    Just stop it.

singletrackmind

people not caring about other people stuff. here we go

New job late last year . Nice lady in office wants to be nice and asks about tea and coffee preferences. They drink Nescafe and PG . I politely said , ‘No its Ok, I will supply my own ‘ I get a Nescafe Azzuro Intenso and everything is fine in the world. Until he petty theif I have to with found it in the office.

He proceeded , over the next week or so to empty my Intenso into his own little container and , once emptied replaced it with shitty nescafe.

Not only are the granules a different size, but also a different colour. I cant decide what was more insulting . The fact he thought I wouldnt notice, or the fact he thought it was Ok to do the ole switcheroo trick.

botk
    Free Member

reversing (not well) and knocked someone’s mirror off, was 6:30 am and nobody about. popped a note under wiper blade with my name and mobile on. bloke rang me later thanking me and said it would be £40 to replace/fix, fair enough. dropped cash round a couple of days later and big bloke hugged me for being honest! odd but rewarding manly hug 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

Failure to understand why people like to own nice things shocker!
    This gets trotted out time and time again with monotonous and tedious regularity.
    Just stop it.

Well, as you asked so nicely…

singletrackmind

Then we move onto Celebration-gate.
    Got given a box at xmas . All gone within 2 days. Some asking around told me most people had 5 or 6 . There are only 4 of us and maybe 100 choccys in a drum.
    We get another drum. I place i in my locker with the intention of drip feeding a dozen or so at a time.
    Went away for a week and left key in locker door. Same petty thief opened my locker and proceeded to empty the entire tub, and then throw the tub away again within a week a so. A whole tub of celebrations that he had 99% of that were for ‘sharing’. And wtf was he opening other peoples lockers for anyway? key in lock or not.

Northwind

singletrackmind – Member

He proceeded , over the next week or so to empty my Intenso into his own little container and , once emptied replaced it with shitty nescafe.

Someone in my office pinches my nice coffee. It’s not that nice mind, it’s just tesco finest but I do like it. Anyway, I’d not object that much to the pinching, it’s the fact that he uses a wet spoon out of the sink to do it, so there’s loads of coffee glommed togheter in the jar, and he never puts the lid back on right. At least have a bit of pride in your larceny, Marcus or Chris (it’s one of them two)

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE, IN THIS LIFE OR THE NEXT.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m not having a new car again. Well new to me anyway. People are just **** in car parks so I just don’t see the point. The mazda is here to stay.

drlex
    Free Member

^^ & Singletrackmind’s tale- I countered an office coffee thief with powdered senakot & picolax tablets added to the jar contents. Never found the culprit, but it satisfied my passive-aggressive tendencies.

maxray
    Free Member

Some fiend took the right portion of my Touran front grill one night. £30 and a faff to order ;/

Little bit of me feels like passing it on and nicking someone else’s 🙂

beefheart
    Free Member

What kind of ****less piece of **** ***** with another man’s automobile?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Failure to understand why people like to own nice things shocker!

Are cars actually nice things though?

matt_outandabout

jam bo – Member
    Try having your wife crash one of your cars into the other

Or one of works minibuses into another, in front of bosses office window.

bearnecessities

Are cars actually nice things though?

If yours isn’t, you should work harder.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Same here, bought a car a few months ago, nicest one we’ve owned yet and some idiot managed to smear their car across the rear bumper.
    Feckers!

JulianA
    Free Member

the same time; it’s a good reason to have a car you don’t really care much for. I don’t know why the UK is so car obsessed

Idiotic comment – and you Gresley (hardly a lady with views like that).

So I can trash your stupid bikes since I think that they are pointless and not worth caring about. Ok?

bigblackshed

Oh, that reminds me. The ******* **** who tried to prise my VW badge off the grill, folding it in half and snapping the plastic carrier piece. If they were slightly intelligent they’d have googled “how to remove a VW badge” and found you have to push gently and then turn 45deg to the left.

JulianA
    Free Member

Only your excess though, shirley

And lose your no claims bonus? Bright idea – not. Why should anyone lose out because someone else is a stupid, clumsy, uncaring mongtard?

monkeychild
    Free Member

mongtard

One of my favourite insults 😆

bearnecessities

I once scraped the bumper on a 500SL reversing in Asda car park – just a bit. It wasn’t that bad and would have come out with a bit of t-cut, so I didn’t bother leaving any details. They probably could have afforded repairs if needed anyhow.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘People not caring about other folks stuff (need to vent)’ is closed to new replies.