Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • people at work chomping when they eat
  • porlus
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr i’m about to go postal. Bloke sat on the next desk is making a hell of a racket when he eats.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Time for a chomp off?

He’ll give in eventually if you ratchet it up. Then, if he complains, you have your ouvre. For expediant bonus effect consider staring at him whilst chomp-off is in session.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Time for a chomp off?

😯

Let the bloke finish his lunch first.

For expediant bonus effect consider staring at him whilst chomp-off is in session.

Eye contact is always nice. Shows you care. 😀

porlus
    Free Member

Lunch over. Back to normal now. Phew.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

time to pop out for lunch? Alternatively try lunch trumps?

scaredypants

We have a coffee slurper in our office

sorry, had – he’s gone now 😐

porlus
    Free Member

Another guy off sick today luckily. He will happily have a conversation with a massive amount of food in his gob.

spooky_b329

Ease off.

I have a disability…my jaw clicks when chewing but people think I’m clacking my teeth!

Can’t help it :p

porlus
    Free Member

hahaha my lasses does that when she eats.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhh, I’ll play.

Thers a bloke on the next set of desks form me who every day eats a Three Course Lunch.. and chomps his food!
    Takes about an Hour for him to chomp himself through his own bodyweight in saturated Fat and Crispy Doughnuts, during this time all you hear are boxes being opened and chomping, even when he’s on a call..

Dis..
    Gusting
    😐

retro83
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

Let the bloke finish his lunch first.

😆

Xylene
    Free Member

Try working in South Korea – there were days where I had to simply leave the canteen.

matt_outandabout

We have a coffee slurper in our office

sorry, had – he’s gone now

toby1

Noise cancelling headphones exist for one reason, to drown out the sounds of other people.

bigyim
    Free Member

TheBrick
    Free Member

My lodger “gulps” all food. Can’t sit in the same room as him when he is eating. I think this may be why he is single.

kayak23

I am frequently near a person who eats cereal from his bowl as if he were planishing a suit of armour on an anvil.
    TING TING TING TING TING……
    Doesn’t bother me though…. 😐

porlus
    Free Member

Nooooooo the guy at who talks with food in has mouth has started doing this as well. Slurp slurp slurp ting ting ting and still talks to you with a mouth full of milk and cereal.

jimmy

It’s OK not to like it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

neilthewheel

planishing

That’s a word I haven’t heard in many a year. Thanks kayak23

hooli

I have to leave the room when a person near me eats his lunch or I will kill him. How anybody can make that much noise, or take that long to eat a packet of walkers is beyond me.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Do you work in my office? They guy next to me is as noisy as a donkey. Gets on my…………

hooli

It’s OK not to like it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

This is different to the above, think more industrial wood chipper rather than noisy human

pictonroad

We’ve got a breather in the next pod, curse those quiet days.

jimmy

My 10 year old nephew chomps and heavily breathes his way through dinner. I so want to tell him to shut the **** up but he’s a law unto himself and would just do it worse to wind everyone up.

Flaperon

I am frequently near a person who eats cereal from his bowl as if he were planishing a suit of armour on an anvil.
    TING TING TING TING TING……

Argh. THAT ^^ And then throwing it enthusiastically into their slack-jawed mouths.

People have been killed for less.

kayak23

And then throwing it enthusiastically into their slack-jawed mouths.
    People have been killed for less.

😀

Travis

along with S.Korea, China too.
    So noisy, it turns my stomach.

Going into the Canteen at lunch time, is horrific.
    Yes, I could take my own lunch, but I need to be seen, can’t hide away.

Worst of all though, is the MiL. I can’t sit at the table when she slurps/gulps/burps/chomps fortunately, the children haven’t picked up her disgusting habits.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bloke opposite me eats with his mouth open, the noise (and smell) isn’t good.

Bunnyhop

I blame families not eating together properly at a table and encouraging table manners.
    Our nephew started doing this and it was quickly nipped in the bud.

porlus
    Free Member

Bloke opposite me eats with his mouth open, the noise (and smell) isn’t good

Used to work with someone that did this on a dinner time. Had a weird technique of eating and talking at the same time that enabled the smell to shoot out in your face if he was stood talking to you. He did it once with a mouth full of raw mackerel. Tried to avoid talking to him after that.

And he had sticky farts as well. He could drop one and the guff would still be there a couple of hours later.

tang
    Free Member

Thankfully I am self employed now but I did sit opposite a really nice lady who scraped her teeth slowly over her fork. Used to drive me nuts.

benji
    Free Member

I work with a bogey eater, when challenged it’s disgusting tells you it’s good for you!!

porlus
    Free Member

Or the people that refuse to blow a snotty nose.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I’m a hot coffee slurper and an occasional heavy breather. Can’t help it. My work colleagues have mentioned it but I still do it. There’s one guy though that always eats canteen food in the office which has a very distinctive meaty smell. We always know when he’s around.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘people at work chomping when they eat’ is closed to new replies.