Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Pentlands/Glentress Wednesday night ride
  • mute
    Free Member

The Wednesday night rides seem to have disappeared again. Lets get them going again. Are the pentlands rideable or just a soggy mess now? Would Glentress be a better option?

Northwind

Good idea!

Pentlands were surprisingly dry last week but haven’t been up since. Might be able to do a recce tomorrow…

I’m supposed to be off shredding innerleithen gnars during the day but might be able to join a GT ride after, as long as nobody minds me being veeeery tired and slow 😉

Liftman

Pentlands were not bad last night, but maidens was the usual wet/muddy mess it normally gets into after a bit of rain.

mute
    Free Member

Since the Pentlands are rideable and I’ve not ridden them in an age who can make 7 at the bonaly shop?

bigjim

I might be up for a spin with my shiny new light.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Pissing down now and has been for the last hour or so 🙁

mute
    Free Member

Are the pentlands likely to be too wet the rain today?

bigjim

well, it is always tricky to call and comes down to personal choice I guess, you could argue it isn’t going to get any better until it freezes anyway but then on the other hand maybe it is best not to ride the bad bits.

I was up weekend before last and phantom’s lower section was terrible, OK on the upper, black hill was OK (the collapsed section is even worse now though), and along the reservoirs was wet in patches. you can always come up with a relatively dry route, it just might not be very exciting. A 50 lumen limit on lights might jazz things up a bit…

druidh
    Free Member

That bit is going to need some major work – maybe a re-alignment along a higher track?

mute
    Free Member

Anyone else interested?

br00n
    Free Member

awrite chaps, I’ll be up for some pentland stuff, just gettin gback into the old biking after a long layoff, got a new bike, light on the way but unfit and well slow just now 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might head down to Glentress.

mute
    Free Member

If its a limited route then its probably better to head to glentress if people can make it. I’ve got a space in my car if anyone needs a lift.

jimmy

just been down to GT and its surprisingly dry. Wish I’d seen this first, though!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It’d be good to see these up and running again 🙂 – but I cant make tomorrow evening 🙁

mute
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be enough interest for ride this week so I’ll try again next week.

bigjim

I was at the shop at 7, sorry should have been more affirmative. Did a good loop with the hervelo girls, it was very muddy though!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands/Glentress Wednesday night ride’ is closed to new replies.