Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pentlands – What were the trails like today?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Was the snow allowing the trails to still be rideable?

13thfloormonk

I was up on the CX bike, the trails low down (Maiden’s, Green Cleugh, the GlenCorse road, Clubbiedean and Torduff) were all perfect, enough snow for some sideways action, but not enough to stop you.

epicsteve
    Free Member

A little bit harder work than usual getting up there but all the trails I was on were fine as the snow wasn’t deep.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

No problem,just enough to make it interesting, except for a flat battery in the “team” camera.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great stuff folks. I’ve charged my camera battery. I’ve been out in the hills on a perfect wintry day before, about to take a picture when the battery died.

druidh
    Free Member

Just about perfect.

13thfloormonk

Oh, and might I add the towpath was brilliant fun, lots of seated sideways drifts under power (not that I was in control of any of them…)

Northwind

Lovely. Not quite frozen solid so there’s still mud in patches, but there’s not too much snow and it’s still very grippy. Was actually a wee bit disappointed by the lack of snow if anything! But it’s possible this marks me out as a fool.

Don’t walk on the ice by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Northwind

Today on the other hand they were somewhat snowy :mrgreen:

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Were you out? I’ve not even left the house yet!

Northwind

Yeah mate, we made an early start when it was still snowing and got in a very very slow loop :mrgreen: Great fun though and absolutely knackering but we only got about as far as we would before the first stop on a wednesday. Pretty…

Northwind

Water of leith footpath is very pretty today. I neglected to go any higher :mrgreen: People sledging on Chocolate Chute.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands – What were the trails like today?’ is closed to new replies.