Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Pentlands wednesday night bog snorkelling
  • bigjim

Whaddya reckon? It seems to have stopped raining now…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’m game!

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’m up for getting out tonight but wondering if a trip away to somewhere with weather proof trails might be sensible?

Not sure how much will be rideable in the Pentlands after the rain last night.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Want to do a local flatland / cx loop?

bigjim

I’m tempted by a pootle on the more robust tracks, not so keen on flatland type ride but you guys go ferret if you want to.

ChrisL

If it was like Sunday afternoon, a lot of the more robust tracks may be streams. Not that it stops you from riding them, it’s just a bit damp.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

what’s ‘local flatland / cx’ entail? i’m up for whatever!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

not so keen on flatland type ride

fairy snuff – just giving a possible alternative.

mrK – just a series of canal paths and old railway lines.

Another time

bigjim

what’s ‘local flatland / cx’ entail? i’m up for whatever!

flatland bmx on a cyclocross bike. switzerland squeakers etc. big 80’s bmx helmet compulsory.

bigjim

fairy snuff – just giving a possible alternative.

mrK – just a series of canal paths and old railway lines.

Another time

it’s just me being difficult – you guys do what you fancy, i’m just keen on getting up dem hills myself, happy to go on my own!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Na jim – tis cool. Hills it is

MrKmkII
    Free Member

flatland bmx on a cyclocross bike. switzerland squeakers etc. big 80’s bmx helmet compulsory.

so jez avery, then? moustachios too?

ericemel
    Free Member

Why why why?

I’d be up for it!

stevemtb
    Free Member

If you guys think there’ll be plenty of riding available then I’m up for it.

Will be at Cargo at 6.30.

bigjim

so jez avery, then? moustachios too?

proflex with rigid forks for the win!

If you guys think there’ll be plenty of riding available then I’m up for it.

Well it’ll be wet and best avoid phantoms, capelaw hill and and nail trail type routes I guess, though they have been doing some drainage work on phantoms.

ChrisL

MTBScotland reports that the Nail Trail is underwater. The upper bit of Poet’s Glen is fine (well was on Sunday). The lower half had a stream running down it on Sunday but as it’s all rocks down there anyway it didn’t seem to make much difference.

In addition there was a stream running down a large chunk of the Ranger Road, water was flowing down both sides of Maidens Cleugh and the path through Green Cleugh was submerged near the ford by the waterfall. The Hare Hill path was surprisingly dry in comparison.

Kunstler

Poet’s Glen was fine last night. I got thoroughly soaked though. I was amazed at the amount of water flowing through Green Cleugh on Sunday. Strangely it was fairly dry the Sunday before yet there was more water running off Maiden’s that day.
    It’s going to be wet wherever you go. I might be out later – if TJ is out riding it’ll give me a chance to catch up reading the ‘logo’ thread. 😀

bigjim

I just cleaned my bike on sunday too, oh well!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Well that was a seriously fun/wet/muddy trip out. Very wet up there but with some careful choices it seemed to work out well.

Can’t believe how much my feet hurt in the shower after – felt like they were thawing out after a winter ride, not a summer blast!

Hope I didn’t bang on too much about how good the bike was uphill 😳 just a change for me to enjoy climbing!!

bigjim

Yeah it was good, more watery than muddy, bikes not too dirty actually with all the water spray. Took half those puddles back in my shoes!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

yep, twas cracking. less of the ‘great bike’ comments though, eh steve? i was teeny bit jealous after a go! 🙂

bigjim

damn I forgot to have a go on the big wheeler. we’ll all be on rigid singlespeed 29ers before you know it.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Jim, I’ll chuck flats on it at some point then you can at least get a proper go.

No wonder your bike was clean, you did chuck it in a lake!! Mine will get washed this afternoon as will the clothes before they hit the washing machine.

ChrisL

So what was the route and are there any trails that you found in particular should be avoided for the time being?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands wednesday night bog snorkelling’ is closed to new replies.