Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Pentlands This Weekend (17/18th Oct.)
  • robgarrioch

Be going up & around again this weekend if anyone wants to join forces (DGOAB + Kit expressed some interest earlier this week), probably Saturday mid-morning to work off post-wedding-reception headache… but open to persuasion on route / times. Looks to be decent weather at the moment 🙂

P.S. for those that went, how'd night-riding go?

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Hey Rob,

Not gonna manage a trip to the pentlands this weekend, but will be doing a bit of red/black at GT early saturday, done dusted and eating breaky at the hub by half 10/11 o'clock if you fancy it….

Thomo.

Kit
    Free Member

Not sure what's happening this weekend for me. Will keep an eye on this and let you know!

(Quick hijack – Rob, did you see my reply on the photo thread about the pic you wanted?)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stuartie_c
    Free Member

Might be keen on this.

Any idea yet on start time/location?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hi Rob,

I may be able to come along but wont know 'til nearer the time.

Kennyp has posted a brief report on the Wed night ride in the "Sunday 11th post".

robgarrioch

Kit – ta for photo info.
    An open-ended ride this, so will firm-up details later, but to get us started, say 10.30 from Bonaly (poss. hangover-friendly!). Feel free to suggest preferred route / starting points though.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

10.30 from bonaly sounds good – i will need to double check with my running partner about which day we are running, hopefully it will be sunday. will post here later on when i know.

robgarrioch

I'm cool with whatever day, being in the happy situation of staying 2 mins from puke hill, will prob be going out both days :-). At present, still saying Saturday, 10.30 from the scout gate (by no means binding though)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Sat should still be fine with me, and looking like i will be biking instead of running on Sunday as well, so either day is fine for me. Can you email me your mobile number in case i am running late?

robgarrioch

Cannae see your e-mail address on your profile DG..??

Looking nice (clear & crisp) tomorrow, anyone else for some head-clearing?

(PS Kit – pathetically, can't find the 'all sizes' on your pics; may require direct e-mail sure enough!)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'll probably be riding in the Pentlands both days, but if the weather is decent (and the weather forecast is currently looking good) then I'll usually set out quite a bit earlier. Will keep an eye out though.

Most likely I'll be on the Epic (as it's probably not long until it goes into winter hibernation) so if you see a black one up there it'll probably be me.

robgarrioch

Think I'll take the Pitch up for a laugh – one of those brown ones if you spot it Steve. Would normally be done by 10.30 mesel, but wedding party tonight may necessitate extra recuperation time…
    (can they breathalise you on the hills? :-))

13thfloormonk

Me and a mate will be out for a cheeky ride at 5am on sunday if anyone's up for a fairly non-stop early ride (over some of the bigger hills in the Pentlands, hence the 'cheeky' :wink:).

Kit, ditto Rob, I'd really like the picture of me above White hill, and 'singletrack descent' but can't find the all sizes button?

robgarrioch

Ok, it was a little busy last week, but 5 am?? 😀

Kit
    Free Member

Ian/Rob, oops I may have turned off the option to stop pikey thieves like yous guys stealing my creative property 😉 Drop me an email Ian, and I'll get you and Rob the photos.

I haven't really decided what I'm doing tomorrow yet – might be out with friends so might see you oot 'n aboot.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

robgarrioch ygm (in a minute or two)

5am?! you are nutters – thats time for sleeping!!

epicsteve
    Free Member

When I said early I meant 8am.

5am qualifies as a nightride!

Kit
    Free Member

5am sounds awesome – you'll see sunrise over the Pentlands, assuming good weather! Doubt I'd have the legs for that and North 3rd, hmmm….

druidh
    Free Member

A good opportunity to try out your new jersey Ian…

13thfloormonk

Haha, doubt i'll have time to come and collect Druidh, work drinkies tonight then a day in the hills around Schiehallion on the racers tomorrow, might even be next weekend before I'm in 😳

Cheers though, top class quick service from The Bike Chain!

Kit, i've heard much about this north third, could combine with a nice day on Dumyat?

druidh
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member

Haha, doubt i'll have time to come and collect Druidh, work drinkies tonight then a day in the hills around Schiehallion on the racers tomorrow, might even be next weekend before I'm in

If I'd known that, I'd have dropped it off for you 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Don't think I'll make this – been waiting for a delivery which hasn't turned up so will have to wait in tomorrow morning as well – grrrr.

Another time.

Kit
    Free Member

Kit, i've heard much about this north third

Me too – looking forward to househusband giving me and craig1975 the grand tour on Sunday!

13thfloormonk

Wouldn't have worked Druidh, a new L+M Stella 150 and the aforementioned work drinkies mean the wallet is staying firmly in the pocket till next weekend!

robgarrioch

If I might pull this one to a close on-topic, ( :D), Ms. DGOAB and myself enjoyed even more dry / clear conditions – it canna last! The next-lower descent on CastleLaw was pretty damn boggy though ('..just bloody cleaned this!..') but I learned another couple of linky-sections for much future use. Thanks, Claire.

Hoping all else got out in the sun!

Kit
    Free Member

Where were the link sections?

(I might have some photos from today up later too)

robgarrioch

Kit I'm sure they're well ken't to the regulars – from bottom of black hill to harlaw through trees, + direct to scalextric from maidens. Sections I'd not discovered!

Kit
    Free Member

+ direct to scalextric from maidens

On the lumpy quad track round the hill instead of up and over?

Here's my photos from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingerfox/tags/171009/

epicsteve
    Free Member

Saw a few other bikes up there this morning, including a group riding down Black Hill as I was riding up it, but didn't cross tracks with your lot.

robgarrioch

Terrific sky in your pic Steve; really must look up from my front wheel sometime!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'd just ridden up Black Hill so taking pics was a good excuse for getting my breath back before turning round and riding back down it! I had a video camera mounted on the bars so I've got some on-bike footage as well.

It wasn't as nice this morning so didn't take a camera with me, still not bad though.

13thfloormonk

Perhaps unsirprisingly the 5am effort was a non-starter. Loved the idea but i'm just NOT a morning person 😳

Stunning day in and around Aberfeldy on the road bikes yesterday, I've never been scared on the road bike until we descended to Loch Freuchie from Aberfeldy with my kamikaze mate trying (and succeeding) to overtake me round the outside on a blind gravelly corner, mentalist. 😯

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands This Weekend (17/18th Oct.)’ is closed to new replies.