Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Pentlands amble thread follow-up: Sunday 11th Oct. (not 10th!)
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

How was the track on the south of Hare Hill? Boggy or ok?

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Some good photos there Rob, looking forward to seeing a few more.

Cheers for a cracking outing guys… bit burst after that TBH.

Hopefully see you all again sometime!

Thomo & Kate.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'm sorry I missed it,and glad you'se crowd had a good day.
    (I say that, sitting here seething bitterly like Donald Pleasance in a Bond film, " I may haff been foiled this time, Meester Bond, but next time….)

Kit
    Free Member

Colin – so you were glad to be DIYing today instead of riding? 😉

Steve – it was in pretty good nick, as were most of the routes we did today.

Paul, Ian and I decided to go for a pint and a burger at the Park Bar, an excellent end to the day, although I'm ready for my bed now!

druidh
    Free Member

Kit – I can sleep well this evening knowing that my mother now has fully-functioning sash windows again. Gotta look after my inheritance you know. How else will I escape the drudgery of dealing with customers in a bike shoppe?

* actually, I'm very jealous. Weather was brill too…..

Kit
    Free Member

Two quick photies before I look through the rest of them:

gecko76

Really sorry I couldn't make it in the end. Moving house next weekend and spent the day putting things in boxes.

Looks like a great ride.

AntM
    Free Member

Hmm, looks like i missed out. no way i could make it. any chance of a midweek night ride soon?

Kit
    Free Member

Ant, nightride this coming Wednesday:

kennyp – Member
    I'm off hillwalking on the 10th, but a few of us (well three so far) are planning to head off from Bonaly Corner Shop at 6.30 next Wednesday (14th) for a couple hours night riding.

POSTED 4 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

And I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get something else organised – I try and get out most weeks Wed/Thurs.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hi guys. It was great to meet you all and thanks for not laughing too much at my dumb ass tumble! Sorry I had to scoot off before the very end. I was wanted home so we could go out for a nice long walk :(. Now I'm really knackered.

Hope to meet you all again and I'm def interested in the evening rides.

Garry_Lager

Great meeting up today – best ride I've had in the Pentlands in a while. Thks Kit for putting it together – Hope to get out again soon.

13thfloormonk

Yep, excellent day out on the hills, lots of trails I wouldn't have linked together in one ride, good choice Kit/Rob!

Pub grub was great, I hadn't really been serious when i suggested it either, thanks for the quick uptake on that idea! 😀

Garry, was that you on the blue Titus? I'm ashamed to say yours was the only name that didn't stick, although i seem to remember someone introducing themselves as Wayne??

Kit
    Free Member

Ian, it was Dwayne (DrT) on the Titus. Garry_Lager was on the Cannondale.

Thanks Rob for the route – mostly his choice! You can thank me for making you look f**king rad in the photos, lol 😉

13thfloormonk

Eh? The black cannondale with the lefty? That was mike wasn't it? confused…

Thanks for the photies, I shall cherish them. 😀

househusband

Garry_Lager – C'dale with lefty fork
    Kit – Cove Handjob
    Moi – Silver Titus Motolite with nae decals
    Thomo – White Orange 5
    Kate – Lapierre
    Dwayne/DrT – Blue Titus Motolite
    RobGarrioch – Edinburgh Bike Shop hardtail
    couldashouldawoulda – Silver GT
    13thfloormonk – White Marin

…and apologies to anyone I've missed?!

13thfloormonk

Paul on the On-One Inbred, don'tknow his forum name though

robgarrioch

Sterling work with the ride info again Andy – not quite sure where the 13k of level was, but 7.5k of climbing sounds decent enough. Helluva steep dh at 20km, end of Black hill maybe??

BTW Paul goes by the alias PaulGillespie.

Next on the list – some big ol' rubber queens, like what Ian's got! (& maybe some private climbing-technique lessons :wink:)

13thfloormonk

Haha, given that I comprehensively failed to back up my proudest climbing boast I doubt i've got any technique tips to impart, other than the afore-mentioned tyres! 😳

(wait for the non-tubeless ones, the tubeless one works on the Marin only because it replaced something even heavier)

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Aye great ride…. and beer! on a bit of a high today, good way to start a week 😀

I'll try and get out on Wed night but having bust 2 wheels in 2 weeks (broken spoke on Colinton steps) i'm sure my final wheel will suffer some catastrophic failure!

AntM
    Free Member

Ant, nightride this coming Wednesday

any details?

where what who when etc

robgarrioch

..but the best part about holding gates open is everyone tanking past with wide eyes / grins, as evident on the end of the descent towards Bavelaw. If it was the states there'd be a-whoopin & hollerin!

(…drums fingers…taps forehead…Kit's photies must be due shortly.. :D)

Kit
    Free Member

Ant – only details I know are already in my post:

Wednesday 14th, 6:30pm, Bonaly Corner Shop ( here I believe: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=321357&Y=668272&A=Y&Z=115 )

Hopefully I'll be there, but organised by kennyp and a few others. Not met them before, and no idea on a route as yet!

robgarrioch

(that was about the worst timed comment I've made yet, so here it is again)

..but the best part about holding gates open is everyone tanking past with wide eyes / grins, as evident on the end of the descent towards Bavelaw. If it was the states there'd be a-whoopin & hollerin!

(…drums fingers…taps forehead…Kit's photies must be due shortly..;))

Kit
    Free Member

its going to be a slow reveal as I'm busy applying for an MSc, sorting out my credit card and renewing my driver's licence!

Here's one of you though to keep you happy 😉

robgarrioch

Cheers Kit, clearly I made a mistake giving up that modelling contract!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I think this was taken just after that really sharp climb after Therpmuir near the end. Thank god I'm out of focus in the background or I'd probably be looking even more unhappy!

Kit
    Free Member

Ronan, nope it was taken not long after your tumble when we went down the track with the wee drainage bars.

househusband

Superb photo, Kit! Hoping of more to come…

Northwind

That's a really nice route, some bits in there I've ridden past loads of times and never even tried… What's the bit along the south of Hare Hill like?

Oh, and what in blazes is going on in the first 2 pics? Is that someone riding down the back of the dam at Loganlea? Or is it Clubbiedean? Doesn't look like a natural slope…

epicsteve
    Free Member

What's the bit along the south of Hare Hill like?

It can be quite boggy in the centre at times, but it's a useful link between Green Cleugh and the fun descent from just west of Hare Hill to towards Thriepmuir (or even along the quad bike track along the ridge to the Borestane).

Heading east there is a short but steep descent into Green Cleugh, but other than that it's really just useful as a link.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

is anyone around for a ride this weekend?

13thfloormonk

Northwind, that was me instigating a perfectly controlled mega-two wheeled drift down the side of Clubbiedean. The camera only caught me as i wiped out though… 😥

Kit
    Free Member

is anyone around for a ride this weekend?

Yup. Drop me an email if you want.

…perfectly controlled mega-two wheeled drift…

🙄

househusband

I got some two-wheel drift action going as we thundered down the gravelly track beside Hare Hill… but I'd be fibbing if I said mine was 'perfectly controlled'… 😐

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I'm away this weekend but will definatley have to hook up for another ride soon. I think i'll have to miss the Wednesday night ride unfortunately 🙁

Great pic Kit! looking forward to the rest of them….when you get a minute! 🙂

robgarrioch

D.G.O.A.B. – could be tempted out again (what else can one do, living in Bonaly :D). If it wasn't for the hi-quality pictures, I'd say Kit deserves a turn without the extra weight of that long lens in his pack!

Kit
    Free Member

Kit deserves a turn without the extra weight of that long lens in his pack!

Oo-er! Glad you noticed, Rob 😳

😉

I should be able to get the photos up tonight, by the way. There's a funny sequence of Andy, Thomo and Kate coming up a steep climb – looks like they're having a Battle-Royale on the bikes with wheels and arms and legs everywhere 😀

househusband

…There's a funny sequence of Andy, Thomo and Kate coming…

This sounds, umm, interesting… 😯

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

robgarrioch, what day suits you best or shall we wait to see what the weather's like nearer the time? i'm free both days, but want to run one of the days if i'm healed enough by then to run. happy to meet at bonaly as that's the way i usually ride out.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Myself and a mate will be going out tomorrow night so will try and get to the shop for half six.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands amble thread follow-up: Sunday 11th Oct. (not 10th!)’ is closed to new replies.