Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pentlands or explore East Lothian tomorrow?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Doing a five hour ride tomorrow. Should I go for a big ride in the Pentlands and do some bits I haven't done for a while, Nine Mile Burn for example or go and explore the woods of East Lothian.

ojom
    Free Member

EL.

Would come with you but i am having a day away from bikes for a change 8) running up Arthurs Seat off road likes. Bosh.
    Oh and having a massive Sunday roast as well i reckon and a nap after half a bottle of heavy rioja or tempranillo.

All this after a lie in til at least 8.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You just want somebody else to find the good stuff and report back 😉

jimmy

I'm probably Pentlanding it tomorrow.

ojom
    Free Member

Well aye. That's more what i was aiming at. Heh.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I won't be telling you anything if those shorts are rubbish.

ojom
    Free Member

Well they aint so look forward to all co-ordinates and pics tomorrow night in my inbox.

househusband

Whereabouts in EL you thinking of exploring, Steven?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My other half is going to Prestongrange in the afternoon so was thinking of heading to Carberry then Easter Pencaitland/Winton then Butterdean and make my way to Prestonpans, maybe via the John Muir way. Been lookin at the Coastkid vids on youtube and thought I'd have a wee explore. You fancy it? Was speaking to Gamo this afternoon and he said you'd been out that way a while back.

househusband

Did heaps of riding in East Lothian over winter as it was way more rideable over winter than anywhere else; did some cracking rides along the coast – one memorable ride was along frozen beach!

Bruce (coastkid) organised a great ride a month or two back, from his near East Fortune, and around Haddington and East Linton; I managed to drag Gav along for that one – he'd had a tumble and was still aching a bit, think he enjoyed it! Was chatting to Bruce today at Glentress.

If I hadn't been out today I'd definitely join you… a mate lives in Pencaitland and you can do a loop right around Pencaitland.

Was out, locally, on Thursday evening exploring and found new (to me) singletrack just behind Newbattle High School.

Aargh, tempted to come out tomorrow..!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

remember what Mrs doyle used to say? I don't mean, more tea vicar.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands or explore East Lothian tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.