• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pentlands just now?
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Can anyone see the pentlands from their work/home just now? I’m wondering if the har has cleared? I’m waiting for it to clear so I can go and ride, but motivation is low 🙁

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Clean as a whistle, has been for ages. Have a good one.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Clear from here

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

cheers thanks 🙂 will go after lunch. anyone up for a ride?

AlasdairMc

I was up there today on the way to work ad it was great fun in the mist. Blue skies everywhere now though

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Gotta get some work done, otherwise I’d be tempted to skive off as it’s looking good. I’ll head out this evening as usual though.

Joxster
    Free Member

Could be tempted, what time and where?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Still recovering from Innerleithen yesterday! Am going to be riding at Drumlanrig on Tuesday if you or anyone else is interested tho.

jimmy

oh I wish.

What was that har like yesterday? We were out at Rosyth where it was stunning sunsets all round. 1 minute along the road to Edinburgh and thick fog everywhere. I hear its an Edinburgh thing?

Smee
    Free Member

I was sat up above Bonaly yesterday watching the Haar come in. It is quite a cool sight.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jimmy – sort of. I live in leith and it just rolled in off the forth. Sunshine then 5 mins later you could hardly see over the road

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m at home in Bonaly just now and the hills look stunning. I’m going up tonight but on foot rather than wheels. I’m trying my hand in a fell running race which should be a laugh as I can’t run to save myself and I suspect the others are all mega-athletes.

I fully expect to return to find mine is the only car in the car park, and that it has a note saying “Dear Kenny, we waited and waited, but….etc”.

If anyone’s on a bike in the Red Moss / Hare Hill / Thriepmuir area tonight and sees a bloke walking miles behind a group of runners, feel free to offer me a backie.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Off up there in half an hour, weather looking good but I will expect ‘the fog’ later on. I’ll give you weirdo runners a wave if I see you. 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

joxster, sorry, couldn’t get back on here to check if anyone had replied.

i had an awesome ride – canal, wol, bonaly, maidens, green cleugh, harehill to the ridges, back down again and over hare hill to green cleugh, up blackhill, harlaw, maidens, quad track, scaletrix, bonaly, wol, canal. trails were pretty much bone dry and i was riding really well.

best ride i’ve had in ages 8) 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

You wont be too popular with those working this week in stuffy offices but it’s great you had a top ride!

Stu_N

I was out last night – could see the haar roll in from where we were above Currie, every time we looked there was more of it and it was further inland.

Was off today as well – went to Glentress to beast myself (ahem!) ahead of 10@KT. Driving down was in the mist until Leadburn then it just cleared, quickasaflash.

Everything riding beautifully – dry but not the skittery loose conditions if it has been dry for ages and hardly anyone on the trails. I saw a couple of guys at the HHH at top of Kipps, a small group between Boundary and Deliverance and three people on Spooky Woods climb and that was it. Not like a sunny weekend at all then. 🙂

Joxster
    Free Member

I’m in Morningside till Sunday, going down the Tress on Friday. If you are planning another ride let me know.

Kit
    Free Member

The haar’s not just an Edinburgh thing – it comes in up here in Aberdeen too. I’ve also watched it come into Edinburgh while up in the P’lands, knowing that its going to be a long, dark and cold ride back home!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands just now?’ is closed to new replies.