Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pentlands conditions?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody been up over the weekend, is it too icy to bother?

MussEd
    Free Member

Was there on Friday. Very icy, esp the road round glencorse and loganlea reservoirs. Just let a bit of air out of tyres and took it easy. The descent from maidens cleugh back to glencorse went very quickly from frozen solid to absolute quagmire so take extra care if you go down there.

Was thinking of heading tomorow and came on here to see if anyone had been up. Reckon it’ll be even icier now….

nikk
    Free Member

Ice ice ice
    Some dry patches
    Then some more ice.

Shoulda taken my ice tyres.

bantasanta
    Free Member

Yeah, super icy on Sunday. What isn’t iced over is clag-tasticly muddy. Wouldn’t recommend scaletrix at speed as well… 😐

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hmmm. Might have to stay local then.

Kunstler

Friday it was alright. Mostly rough ice/frozen snow but I was up there walking yesterday and all the paths are glassy, sheet ice. Not good at all.

euans2
    Free Member

I was up on the bike yesterday and tbh it was a bit of a nightmare, sheet ice on just about all the pathways

nikk
    Free Member

Anyone know what it is like now? I guess thawing and muddy?

lightman
    Free Member

I did a short route yesterday, coming over from listonshiels (west) to Threipmuir Reservoir.
    It started of pretty crisp, but just as I started heading back towards Wester Bavelaw (using Bing Maps to get these names!), the mud was terrible and very very sticky.
    When I got back to Threipmuir, the temp dropped and it went back to mostly crispy ground and not much ice around there.
    Threipmuir was frozen enough for me to cycle 7-8 foot out from the edge, but there was a lot of cracking ice sounds. I was half expecting to go through at any time, but made it all the way along, I was on my Fatty though, so a thinner tired bike may have gone through.

Its quite warm and sunny today, so I would guess a fair bit of the ice may have melted.

lightman
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands conditions?’ is closed to new replies.