Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Pentland Wednesdays mega thread
  • jimmy

Am away this week. Next week hopefully…

EDIT: Just read back on page 1. Next ride with ojom present is Jazzy memorial ride – bring hip flasks.

robgarrioch

Touch & go whether I’ll make it for the 6.30 deadline this week either… have to say I’m out, to avoid confusion (but will be swing by the shop if do make it). Might be foggy btw, according to yon forecast

myopic
    Free Member

I definitely can’t make it this week. Picked up a stinker of a cold on holiday over weekend 🙁 Hope to be there next week!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

well i’ll not bother then….
    on the flip side, packing up the DH bike to go to FT William for the last weekend of the DH season 🙂

NZCol

Wife out, home alone, not this week sadly

13thfloormonk

Well we all successfully avoided a mild drizzling upon last week, unfortunately I need to keep the excuses going for at least another week, wrist is slowly getting better but still isn’t happy on the bike. Hopefully next week!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m busy on Wednesday but may be doing a Thursday ride starting and finishing at the Commie. Start about 6pm, finish about 8.30pm.

myopic
    Free Member

I’m free on Wednesday at the moment.

Where are you thinking of riding from the Commie, Steven? Bit of HR park, Duddingston, over Craigmillar way?

jimmy

I was planning some laps of Arthurs Seat this Wednesday on my way home. I probably need to be home sooner than 830 to prepare the house for a visitor, but I’ll hang around to day hi at 630 if I’m allowed…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye. Down to Holyrood round Arthur’s seat, over to Craigmillar castle area. Years since I’ve done it regularly so trying to piece something together.

myopic
    Free Member

Jimmy, Steven was talking about doing the Arthur’s Seat ride on Thursday, not Wednesday – or have I misunderstood one, other or both of you?

ojom
    Free Member

Working the cycleshow at NEC this week.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I can ride on Wednesday. 630pm at Bonaly shop. Anyone else want to join me as I don’t know any rides from there.

myopic
    Free Member

I’ll be at the shop 6.30 on Wednesday barring disaster. Happy to show you any number of rides from there wwpaddler

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m definitely maybe for Thursday. Junior has a competition at the pool this Wed and next Wed, so I’m doing the supportive parent thing.

robgarrioch

will be attempting to be at the shop for 6.30, but could well miss the slot… Please don’t hang aboot though!

jimmy

Sorry, confused the days. Slim chance I’ll be at Bonaly.

Lazymike
    Free Member

Planning on coming along tonight. Will be at the bonaly shop at half six. Blue hard tail and green helmet. If I’m not there don’t wait for me.

Cheers,
    Mike

myopic
    Free Member

I should be there Mike. Plus going by earlier posts possibly Robgarrioch and wwpaddler with jimmy as a long odds possible

wwpaddler
    Free Member

See you there (at Bonaly). Black Cube hardtail.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Made it back fine. Unfortunately my bike isn’t as it parted company from the roof rack on the way home and was hit by a truck. Doh!

jimmy

oh crap, not good!

I rode home via Maidens Cleugh around 530 but had to keep going. Who made it? Good route?

Lazymike
    Free Member

That sucks about your bike.

Due to the unforecasted manky weather we never ventured too far from bonaly. We did some fun wee bits and bobs of trails that I’d never done before which was cool. Wet grass and roots for my first night ride of the year fairly focussed the attention.

myopic
    Free Member

Alec, that’s really shit news. Hope it’s salvageable – at least in significant parts?

As Mike said, Rob showed us round some of the trails round Bonaly and Torphin. I hadn’t ridden any of them before, so it was nice to see something new 🙂 thanks, Rob

Jimmy, you must have got through Maidens when it was still dry. It’ll be quite different now!

Should be up for next week

chickenman

Is anyone doing the Thursday 6.00 cheeky Arfor’s Seat ride? I would be up for it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye. 6pm at the steps at the Commie?

chickenman

I’ll make it along for then.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ll be on the Ti 456 with white fox floats under a thin coating of mud.

robgarrioch

Bad luck with the bike Alex, hope it’s fixable as you need to come back for a ride on a non-monsoon night. Well endured those in attendance, that was a pretty rude awakening from the days of semi-predictable weather 😳

13thfloormonk

Ah well, with a sense of tiresome deja vu I think I’m going to be off the bike for another few weeks, I guess bringing my mighty bulk to a dead stop using only my wrist and a tree was bound to have some side effects.

Back to spin classes for a few weeks until whatever ligaments or tendons I’ve sprained heal up.

Hopefully back in time for some proper wet/cold/dark night rides!

myopic
    Free Member

Ian, have you had it x-rayed to make sure it’s not broken? Easy to confuse with a sprain, which I know from bitter experience. Don’t imagine that it’s not broken because you can do most things without a significant degree of discomfort

13thfloormonk

Hmm, no I hadn’t had it X-Rayed, mostly because the ‘pain’ is not very localised, and can’t be reproduced by poking or prodding, only by flexing or putting weight on the hand.

It does seem to be getting better, just very slowly!

myopic
    Free Member

Seriously, Ian, I’d get it checked. The potential long term consequences of missing it are not good.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

When I’d broken my scaphoid I thought it was a sprain for several months. Until a physio friend suggested otherwise.

13thfloormonk

OK thanks guys, I hadn’t wanted to because I didn’t want to be the malingering hypochondriac wasting precious NHS time and resources, but sounds like it might be justified…

myopic
    Free Member

That was the way I thought too, but know now I was wrong. Good luck!

jimmy

Can’t make this week again but here’s a bump for those eager to get the lights out.

myopic
    Free Member

I’m currently in, Bonaly shop at 18.30. Forecast was looking a bit grim but the worst of the rain and high winds seems to be moving to later in the evening.

robgarrioch

Definite maybe-perhaps again from this end, if I can make it, will do….

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Definitely not, watching junior competing at the Commie again.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Pentland Wednesdays mega thread’ is closed to new replies.