Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pension Issues?
  • Kryton57

Two questions:

a) I appear to have “contracted out” of Pension A but not Pension B – this doesnt feel right – is it OK? Whats the impact?

b) I’m over the bigger tax threshhold and have been since 2000 – should I be claiming back the tax somehow? How?

mcobie
    Free Member

Two quite complex questions, which (unfortunately) I don’t have the time right now to answer. If you don’t get any response have a look at my profile, go to my website and drop me a line from there and I’ll happily answer the questions for you (at no cost/obligation etc…) on the phone or by email.

gonefishin
    Free Member

b) I’m over the bigger tax threshhold and have been since 2000 – should I be claiming back the tax somehow? How?

No idea on point A but on this one, is this a private pension or a work scheme? If it is a work scheme then your dedcutions will have been made from your gross pay so there is tax to claim, as you didn’t pay any tax on this money in the first place. If it is a private pension and therefore paid out of your net pay then to claim back your tax you need to complete a tax return, so contact HMRC.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pension Issues?’ is closed to new replies.