Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pennine powder coating
  • jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a repeat question..
    I did a search honest..

Has anyone used Pennine Powder coating in Tod?

Am considering a spruce up of an old 531 frame and am not sure it is worth handing £100+ to Bon Jackson

£35 sounds very cheap though?

binners

Don’t know about Pennine Powder Coating in Tod specifically, but that’s what I’ve paid going directly to the powder coaters (Colourtec in Wigan), and had a great job done

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Wigan is a bit of a treck from Huddersfield.

There is a place in Slaithwite (I can walk there) but they want £60.

Not being tight just realistic when Planet X will sell me a SAB frame for £99.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Theres a place on milnsbridge who did a mates moped frame for £40, cant remember the name but I think it began with P.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

thanks to sicklilpuppy.

I will have a google.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Pegasus?

robdob
    Free Member

LSN coatings in Castleford. WELL WORTH the trip.. £40 to do frame forks and 2 stems in a metallic fleck silver. Astounding job, needed a little emery cloth to remove a bit of overspray(powder – they masked everything off properly without instruction as they do a lot of bikes) but I’d expect to have to do this anyway. I entrusted them with my precious 1994 Kona Kilauea and they did an astounding job. They have a very good reputation on Retrobike as a lot of the locals in West Yorks use them.
    They do LOADS of finishes – fancy a Matt black? Fades? flouro? Loads to choose from. Great guy who runs it too.

My Kona:

They also did my Mk1 DMR trailstar:

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Cheers Robdob,

Kona look mint..

As does DMR

I think I will give them a ring.

Stevo210
    Free Member

The one in Slawit is a bit wham bam thank you mam for me, did some bits for me which I wasn’t too charmed with. Nice people but that doesn’t help anyone if the finish is sloppy.
    Id be looking at the pics above and going for a careful pro job.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Been warned off Slawit one before.

Pegasus want £60

Would happily hand over £40 for job in pics above though.

Cheers everyone for your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pennine powder coating’ is closed to new replies.