Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pennine Bridleway extension around Glossop
  • monde
    Free Member

Just seen this on the the front page of the magnificent Glossop Chronicle.

Brilliant that they are finally looking at connecting the Bridleway’s from Monks Road around to Tintwistle, but just wandering if any MTB advocacy groups have been asked to be involved in this as the Horse guys seem to be the ones driving it and obviously have influence in bending the right ears.
    [/url]16587195_1627076983986097_2711393851020162531_o (1) by monde35, on Flickr[/img]

BadlyWiredDog

I like the idea that it’ll bring ‘tourists flocking to Glossopdale’ – but yes, it sort of stops on the Monk’s Road and disappears onto the road over from Charlesworth to Glossop. Hasn’t there been a longstanding plan to link it up anyway, I remember seeing detailed plans a few years back, around 2009 I think, but it’s hard to see where it would go between the Monk’s Road and the bit where it starts again without a new trail being constructed. That bit of road is quite unpleasant as well, just a little bit too narrow and frequented by brain-dead commuters.

BadlyWiredDog

On an tangent, the Glossop Chronicle’s finest hour was possibly a front page headline that read along the lines of ‘Tree almost falls on car’. It didn’t.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pennine Bridleway extension around Glossop’ is closed to new replies.