Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Penmachno, how's it looking these days?
  • huffnblow
    Free Member

Not ridden there for a few years now and I have a hankering to have a go this Friday so how are the trails these days?

cb

I went a week or so ago. Only did the first loop. There are closures during the week that would ruin it for me, due to forestry work. The claim in the notice is that all open at weekends but we fould the best descent (after the fire road up from the moors loop) taped off.

I hadn’t been for a while either and I found some the the descents towards the end more challenging than I had remember – lots of small drop offs into worn landings which made things difficult for my ability. Everybody else seemed to be flying them so I assume I’m just crap!

Still nice though and much more fun than the Marin that we did the day before.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Penmachno, earlier today…

the second loop holds water in an arid July let alone after one of the wettest winters on record.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Pretty sure its all open now except the last descent during the week. I think I saw on facebook that a chap had been through and chainsawed all the trees that had blown over.

I know the local guys have been up there fixing a couple of times recently. The fb page would be the best place to check.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno, how's it looking these days?’ is closed to new replies.