Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Penistone …..near Barrrrrnsley / Sheffield
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just read your post re housing grant, if the Millhouse one is the development on the old umbrella factory on Manchester Road, I would jump at it. This was originally, pre credit crunch, a 130 house project which stopped dead about 12 months ago. About 20 executive houses have sold for c:£300k and a few smaller ones are occupied. Given its location, backing on to the River Don, it will not be surrounded by other developments and Millhouse is really quite a nice place if you like it quiet. The commute down the Trans Pennine Trail would probably only work in dry weather as it gets very dirty in the wet with a black cinder surface, however it is possible to get to Hillsborough off road or via Outibridge on quietish roads then pick up the tram to wherever. Penistone is also connected via train to Sheffield and Huddersfield depending on how quickly you need to get there.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cheers for info guys..

pistonbroke – yep it is on the site of the old umbrella factory – it's the Barratt development as opposed to the posh Cala one..

I really need to go and have a look round.. I was going to ask if anyone knew what the pub's like in Millhouse green!?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Re pub. The Blacksmiths is ok but keeps changing hands, 250 metres back towards Penistone is the Huntsman which is the best pub in the world, especially on a Tuesday night, see earlier post!!

thepodge
    Free Member

simonm – Cheers, that ull be Stannington where I moved to from Ecclesall road

I've heard that referred to as Saint Annington by some of the new locals.

simonm
    Free Member

lost me there Podge…

thepodge
    Free Member

I was stood behind a woman in Gap (my mate worked there i wasn't buying) they didn't have a jumper in her size and wanted her address before ordering one in special. she gave her address as Saint (st) Annington rather than stannington. my mate being a Sheffield local pulled her up on it straight away.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmmm.. just found a website with a load of pics of Penistone / Millhouse Green.

They both look quite nice in a rural sort of way.. think I'll try and get out and take a look about / at houses.

tbh for a first time buy I was thinking I'd be forced to get a 2 bedroom hovel in the worst part of the worst area of Sheffield… Penistone's lookin quite attractive!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Penistone …..near Barrrrrnsley / Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.