Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Pendletons halfords bikes
  • LoCo
    Free Member
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

Given what Boardman bikes have done for his image I’d beg her, even at this late juncture, not to allow this to happen.

AlexSimon

I was expecting to see a race bike! I wonder how many women buying a town bike know of Vicky?

I love how in those photos she looks all dainty until you see the size of her thigh muscles 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I bet they’ve made him a packet though.

EDIT: Actually, maybe I’ll leave that comment. .

AlexSimon

ohnohesback – funnily enough when I was considering a Boardman cross bike, everyone in the pub knew they were great bikes, but begged me not to buy one because of his propensity for misery and wingeing 🙂

So kind of the opposite to your point.

BoardinBob

That bike looks far too big for her

ohnohesback
    Free Member

So did you buy one? Surely the fact they are sold in the tartrazine hall of hell was enough of a turn off?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I am no fan of Halfords whatsoever, but what’s Boardman bikes done for Boardman’s image? He’s by no means the first pro to put his name on a downtube, just the best value for money and most advertised ( 👿 ) one so far.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just got a job riding in saddles for Halfords… seems there’s a DDemand.

IHN

Given what Boardman bikes have done for his image

Aren’t Boardman bike pretty much universally highly rated?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I was expecting to see a race bike! I wonder how many women buying a town bike know of Vicky?

Interesting one, race bikes would put her in direct competition with Boardman wouldn’t they?
    With the right advertising she could probably raise her profile with town bike buying types. Would be good if there were more roadster type bikes about I think.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Not as good as the old seventies Eddie Mrecx bikes with the uputurned and reversed drops.

Any association with CB or Halfords is enough to put me off buying a bike.

passtherizla
    Free Member

mmm she is lovely

aracer
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does she look a bit scary in those pics?

elzorillo
    Free Member

In the first pic she looks hot.. in the second terrible.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Halfords err, Boardman don’t do any women specific bikes though do they/does he?

When we were in there tyre kicking the other day, my lovely local trek dealer said they were shifting a suprising amount of trek wsd bikes including road ones.

What a great moneyspinner it would be for Halfords to use the deals they get on OE components for Boardman and ace framebuilding/finishing whereever that is done, but with ladyish geometry, saddles and graphics and then call it a Pendleton instead. 💡

flip
    Free Member

Indeed.

IMO if she wants to do it, i think she should launch a range of womens specific mountain/road bikes, that bike just looks shit.

london_lady
    Free Member

Boardman don’t do any women specific bikes though do they/does he?

Yes they do
    http://www.boardmanbikes.com/fi/index.html

PJM1974
    Free Member

Why not?

From what I see on my commutes, more and more women seem to be taking up cycling and demanding something better than a nice swoopy frame with a basket on it. I do hope that any Pendleton endorsement goes beyond adding her name to generic pastel coloured frames with baskets up front, on the technical side Victoria Pendleton’s expertise would be an asset to a manufacturer.

As for Boardman bikes, I don’t get the snobbery…they’re good frames shipped with an unseemly amount of kit for the money.

aracer
    Free Member

As for Boardman bikes, I don’t get the snobbery…they’re good frames shipped with an unseemly amount of kit for the money.

They’ve actually hardly changed his image at all – efficient, but a bit boring 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Why have they made her up to look liek Katy Perry?

crazy-legs

Vicky is very closely involved with the Cycletta events though (women-only “sportive” style challenge rides aimed at getting more women on bikes). There’s already a whole host of WSD race bikes out there, why add to the pile? Putting together a smart, functional utility/general purpose bike is more in line with her Cycletta involvement and fits in well with her intended aim of moving into fahsion/design when she retires from cycling.

DezB
    Free Member

She’s been styled by Tim Burton!

tails
    Free Member

good on her hope it makes her some cash!

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Is she wearing a syrup?

stuboy2uk
    Free Member

I bet she’s they’re a great ride.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Most people would just recognise her as the one off the Hovis adverts, and that does look like the sort of bike she’d ride.

unovolo
    Free Member

I thought Boardman bikes were pretty highly rated both by the media and owners alike.
    I was looking at some in Halfords just the other day and was really quite impressed by the spec/£ ratio.
    There maybe not one for the brand snobs mainly I’d imagine as they are sold thru Halfrauds.

If Viccy P can do something similar then good luck to her.

Northwind

ohnohesback – Member

Given what Boardman bikes have done for his image I’d beg her, even at this late juncture, not to allow this to happen.

The only impact on his image is that some brand snobs look down on him now. I doubt he could care less what idiots think tbh.

chakaping
    Free Member

He’ll be laughing all the way to the Leeds when he reads crap like that, hopefully.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Putting together a smart, functional utility/general purpose bike is more in line with her Cycletta involvement and fits in well with her intended aim of moving into fahsion/design when she retires from cycling.

Be gone with your nonsense and insightful thinking! Lewd comments or lynching only right?

emsz
    Free Member

Oh FFS. 🙄

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorry, I was being sarcy!

rootes1

She has a desire to just get people cycling, like to the shops, work, school rather than out racing and as a serious hobby.

She is quite visible in the girls press and also backs women only bikes rides aimed at getting people on bikes.

Halfords is the biggest retailer of bikes in the UK, 1in 3 bikes in the UK sold is by Halfords… if you are trying to get your message across you have to do it big rather than being niche.. the bikes seem to have a good spec and at great prices.

Good on her.

Si

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Pendletons halfords bikes’ is closed to new replies.