Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pendle Hill?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Is it rideable?
    F-in-Law lives in Roughlee and we are going up for a long weekend in the summer so was thinking of taking the bike up. Can get to Gisburn easy enough but was wondering if there’s any riding on the Hill?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Theres a few cheeky routes down..

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

1-5-7-8 on that pic is actually a really nice singletrack descent (when dry)
    1-4 is a brutal set of steps.
    Best route up is not numbered on there, it’s from Barley side, close to 4 but its the opposite diagonal up the face. It’s ride-able up if you have the legs.
    Pendle is all cheeky. Go in an evening.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

Don’t do 1-5, 7-8 when the fell races are on! That singletrack is part of the race route. The full tour of Pendle also does the track up to #3 As Ecky says, it’s all cheeky. The area between 5 & 8 is mainly peat hags and the ground south of 8 is steep and environmentally sensitive – the races have problems with the damage they cause. Easiest way up is from Nick o’ Pendle which is down and left of #2 – there’s a track across the moor.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Drop me a line when you’re planning on coming up this way stevied (email in profile).
    Depending when, I might be free to show you a couple of routes if you want.

mahalo

keep meaning to do this myself, i dont live far away and its been bugging me for ages. plenty of strava activity up there, ive cobbled together a route using that.. just waiting for an opportunity when it wont be full of footbandits…

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys, will look into it a bit more 🙂

Drop me a line when you’re planning on coming up this way

Will do Ecky, thanks.

christhetall
    Free Member

Rode around here recently and was surprised by the almost complete absence of bridleways. Then again having walked up it numerous times as a kid (grew up in Clitheroe) the only route I’d consider on a bike would be from the Nick, and only in dry conditions

Harry_the_Spider

Route from the Sabden side.

https://www.strava.com/activities/645581077

It is a bit of a slog, but the view is good.

mahalo

this was my route, hopefully you can see it?

https://www.strava.com/routes/9152426

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pendle Hill?’ is closed to new replies.