Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spending Review: any benefits experts out there, am i going to be in the poop?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

trying to make sense of the spending review, and im not sure if we are being screwed or not.

my wife is disabled and gets dla at higher rate for both mobility and care.

i am her full time carer

as she deteriorated to an extent where she needed fulltime care before having paid sufficient NI, we dont get incapacity benefit we get:

carers allowance,

income support, including a disability premium

DLA

houseing and council tax benefit

what i cant work out is if we fit under the ESA umbrella, and if so if they will give us a year and then migrate us onto JSA and then shaft us…..

anyone help here?

jahwomble
    Free Member

Can’t give any advice but you have reminded me to go to the post office tomorrow….whoops sorry,packing it up right now 🙁

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Tim they haven’t drawn up the regulations yet so its a bit early to say what will happen

j_me
    Free Member

Yeah too early to tell yet tim. Have to wait and see.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Ah well ill stop panicking then

Jahwomble cheers mate no hurry!!!

Anything i can stick on a cd to return the favour?

yunki
    Free Member

basically no Tim… DLA is a completely different beast from incapacity or ESA..

you’ll be safe as far as I am aware

jahwomble
    Free Member

Nah don’t worry about it 🙂

vrapan
    Free Member

everybody on Incapacity Benefit will be transferred to ESA in the next 18mth to 24mths and will be assessed according to ESA rules. Although the medical exam will be harsher it shouldnt affect your wife as she is in receipt of the higher rate of the care and mobility. the only problem you might face is the fact that ESA payments will be less than IB payments and thats something you cant avoid. Your disabilty premium and your housing and council tax benefits should be unaffected.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spending Review: any benefits experts out there, am i going to be in the poop?’ is closed to new replies.