Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Penalty Points for cars with snow on roof ?
  • Waderider
    Free Member

@coffeeking

idiotic people who think they know better

Xylene
    Free Member

I witnessed a car slaming his brakes on the A1 last year, roof covered in snow, straight over the screen. It was great watching the sheer terror in the lads eyes as he realised he couldn’t see where he was going.

Luckily the people behind all braked as well, and no accident occured, but he had to get out and clear his car on a busy bit of dual carriage way. Knobber.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good troll Coffeeking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richmtb

Yeah the woman in the Shell petrol station was handing out this free advice to everyone that bought fuel.

If you drive around with a huge slab of snow on your roof you derserve points and a fine, although its not as bad as the muppets I saw on the way to work this morning who hadn’t even cleared their headlights

coffeeking
    Free Member

😆 Caught out.

Hohum
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    Caught out.

Ha! Ha!

Your reply was quite 😯

catfood
    Free Member

The son of our local vicar was killed on his motorbike by some twonk who cleared a patch on his windscreen about the size of a letter box, pulled out on him, killed him instantly.

boblo
    Free Member

To avoid any chance of penalty points I avoided going out this morning 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

I seem to remember about 5 or 10 years ago some lad only scraped a letter box sized amount on his windscreen and then knocked down and killed an old lady.

The Magistrate at the trial came down on him like a ton of bricks.

catfood
    Free Member

Yep very grim, I was walking to the station the other day and there was a bloke whod done pretty much the same, well maybe a foot by six inches and a tiny patch on his side window so he could see his wing mirror, ****.

crazy-legs

I think a lot of people think it’s somehow cool to drive round with it. Almost like saying “hah, look how much snow we got where I live!”

Saw a driver this morning with a good few inches of snow on the bonnet, blowing off into his windscreen on the motorway.

The worrying thing is, as mentioned above, you can be the best rider/driver in the world but some twonk who has no working windscreen washer cos it’s covered in snow/iced up, snow all over the car, reduced visibility, a filthy windscreen from all the slush/salt residue etc can take you out in an instant. 🙁

marty
    Free Member

It was great watching the sheer terror in the lads eyes as he realised he couldn’t see where he was going.
    were you in the car then or do you have x-ray eyes? 🙂

Drac

Did hoax slayer as every force in the country Brant?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Even more snow this morning, will be even more fun 😈
    Drivers who haven’t cleared their cars are penalised in many countries. UK won’do it as it might offend a minority of some kind.

br
    Free Member

Many years ago in a past company my office was next to the HR Director; he had to go up to Scotland to do a displinary on an employee.

Turns out the employee had turned up at work with snow on his company car. Apparently it said in the employee handbook that company cars had to be garaged overnight…

I was very surprised as I had a company car and never put mine in a garage.

But as he said, its not a problem, but handy to have these rules when you want to be able to start disciplinary proceedings with ‘certain’ employees.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Snow on the roof is the least of the worries.

* Idiots driving with all their windows covered apart from the windscreen

* People driving without lights on.

* People driving with fog lights on.

* 4×4’s going way to quick, thinking that some how a 4×4 stops quicker than other cars on snow ?!?!

* People driving too slowly in cars, causing other vehicles to get stuck behind them.

Woody
    Free Member

Apparently it said in the employee handbook that company cars had to be garaged overnight…

That would make for an unusual ‘essential criteria’ in the job advert !

Junkyard
    Free Member

People driving without lights on.

why it is snow not dark – this bugs me lights on fuill which serve only to blind the person in front of you who sdoes not drive a 4 x 4 and does not help you see any better

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I wasn’t on about when its snowed and the sun is out, I’m on about when its still snowing, dusk or dawn, and yes when its pitch black and some idiots still dont put their lights on… or bother clearing snow off their headlights.

druidh
    Free Member

You are supposed to use lights when it is dark or in poor visibility

crazy-legs

People driving too slowly in cars, causing other vehicles to get stuck behind them.

Got caught in a queue of traffic last night and, looking past the cars on the bends, there was a small van at the front doing 5mph! Down a very slight hill in generally pretty good conditions, easily OK for 20mph. But no, this idiot was sat there presumably in 1st gear and still toughing the brake on every corner.

Worst thing was that I had a huge great snowplough/gritter behind me, I didn’t fancy my chances if that went into the back of me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow druidh thanks for letting me know what those brigth shinny things at the either end of my car do I had always wondered 🙄
    What about thos rubber things that stick to my windscreen what do they do 😉

Problem is some people seem to think winter = poor visibility.
    yes if it is poor I will put them on but I dont get in the car anad sitch them on without assessing the consitions

Sorry druidh it really gets in my nerves
    edit ENOUGH POor spElING BUT nIT eNOUgh rANDOm cAPs lcoks i tHOuGHT

muddy_bum
    Free Member

And thirdly, the code is more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Penalty Points for cars with snow on roof ?’ is closed to new replies.