Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Peg board questions…. Where from/metal?wood? Ideas/suggestions please!
  • beagle
    Free Member

Usual bike tools will be going up. Perhaps a couple of other small tools, dremel, heatgun etc.

Any ideas on building on a fairly tight budget? At this stage I’m against drilling out my own. Open to be converted by some positive inspiration though!

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Just put screws in a sheet of wood? That’s what we have in my bike shop. Sheet is painted with blackboard paint to hide the greasy fingerprints, and tools can be outlined with blackboard pens if required. Looks badass.

eshershore
    Free Member

3/4″ or 1″ timber board (preferably ply as it retains fixing screws/nails better)

painted a suitable colour

suitable mix of screws and nails to mount tools

the screwdriver block is a lump of 2″ x 3″ beam drilled out

all tools then outlined in black marker

if you want to change in the future, just remove fixings, repaint and reset 🙂

I built the one below in our workshop reception recently, took about 2 hours all in (after waiting for paint to dry overnight)

tonyplym
    Free Member

Local Wilco/Wilkinsons store has a “fill-a-bag-for-£1.99” deal going in their hardware department which includes things like cup hooks – its surprising how many hooks, eyes and suchlike you can squeeze into a bag if you try hard. Ideal for hanging stuff onto a backboard.

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers people. Best get busy! Searching for local Wilco too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Peg board questions…. Where from/metal?wood? Ideas/suggestions please!’ is closed to new replies.