Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Peeing whilst bivvying — a simple pleasure
  • hairylegs
    Free Member

The “Settle an argument (urination content)” thread prompted me the reflect on the simple pleasure of having a pee whilst bivvying.

No need to get out of the sleeping bag. Just unzip, roll over and …aah.

Even using a pee bottle in a tent doesn’t give the same pleasure as peeing in the open!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

filthy, filthy beast… laying in your own waste, effectively. 😥

hairylegs
    Free Member

LOL … not quite laying in it, but yes, I am a filthy beast because I’ll admit to peeing inside my wetsuit! 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Saltiness keeps the slugs away.

core

On a very wet and windy bikepacking overnighter in the Brecon Beacons during the ‘summer’ I have to admit that it was as much as I could be bothered to do to unzip the sleeping bag, unzip the tent door, roll over and try and get as much distance as possible. Drunk too much coffee.

Trimix
    Free Member

That assumes your bivi unzips, mine does not, so I have to wriggle out of it first.

whitestone
    Free Member

Even easier with a quilt 😆

hairylegs
    Free Member

Even easier with a quilt

Good call … thinking that a hammock would be of benefit as well 😆

Rubber_Buccaneer

Do you bivvy alone hairylegs or do you have friends downslope from you?

johnners
    Free Member

Do you bivvy alone hairylegs or do you have friends downslope from you?

I don’t think he was even clear that it was downslope.

hairylegs
    Free Member

Always pee downslope and never try to pee into the wind!

Last bivvy was with the wife who has a she-wee and whizzer set up just in case but seems to have better bladder capacity than I do!

thomthumb
    Free Member

poo with a view tops it.

teifi pools bothy. proper toilet, view of rolling welsh country side and sheep wondering over the hill like a scene from zulu. lovely.

made up for the hour hike abike through a bog to get there. (which is 100% not required!)

MrSparkle

What were the sheep wondering about?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Peeing whilst bevvying is a necessary evil. I’ll admit to occasionally sloping off out the back door and using the drain rather than trudging wearily upstairs to the toilet every single time. Can be quite pleasant on a clear, moonlit night.

globalti
    Free Member
    slowoldman

No. Pee out of the window or in the shower, but not in bed.

matt_outandabout

The temporary discomfort of a warm sleeping bag decamp is usually made up for in the view, peace and sure knowledge you’re not lying in your own urine.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Peeing whilst bivvying — a simple pleasure’ is closed to new replies.