Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Peebles – restaurants?
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Up to sunny(?!) Peebles this weekend for the Tweedlove International and wanted to double check my dining choices before it’s too late to change them! Have booked The Crown for Friday night, Franco’s for Saturday and hopefully Bony’s Steakhouse for Sunday.

Sensible choices or is there somewhere else we should try?

kimbers

If you’ve got bookings id stick with em as it’ll be tough to get anything else now !

ianfitz
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Wetherspoons?

novaswift
    Free Member

Locally the best value is the Crown . Slightly down the road in Innerleithen the Saffron Indian Restaurant is superb but booking essential. Weatherspoons is ok I suppose for the prices but has absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever. Franco’s is ok but overpriced.

athgray
    Free Member

If looking for posh then Osso or Coltmans. If looking for filling Asian fare then Prince of India or Mandarin Garden. Ozkans does good takeaway kebabs as well. Also Wetherspoons is fine. You know what you are getting there.

kayak23

Is Francos the pizza place on the bridge?
    I think I had possibly the best pizza I’ve had in me puff there.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wee pub across the road from the tontine hotel – looks like an auld mans pub from the outside, but through the back is a restaurant and the food is good. Actually walked into tontine for dinner, girl at reception said they were full, and immediately suggested going across the road ‘as the food is better over there’ with a cheeky smile!.

Wetherspoons for breakfast – eggs benedict and unlimited coffee for 4.19. And it’s bloody good EB, I’ve paid twice that easily for worse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Peebles – restaurants?’ is closed to new replies.