Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Peebles B&B – recommendation – Neidpath Inn
  • alanl
    Free Member

Just a heads up, stayed here last night, excellent place to stay, just refurbed this year, everything was spotless. No food in the evening, but only 200 metres from the High St. with a range of eateries.
    http://www.neidpathinn.co.uk/

Of the local eateries, I wouldn’t recommend the ‘Indian Prince’, got shown to a seat, then just left alone. After a few minutes, I said “how long to leave it before we walk out?”, to which the GF replied “5 minutes”. After 4 minutes, the table of 4 behind us, who arrived 5 minutes after us, had their drink order taken, and the waiter didn’t even glance at us.
    That was it, we walked out, and ended up at the Tontine Hotel over the road for a lovely dinner – beef &ale pie, and fish were both excellent.

No connection etc, just a happy customer.
    Alan.

rOcKeTdOg

ooh, went to a well dodgy “folk” night there that Olivier from the GT hotel recommended, we got free sandwiches though, is it as rough as it was then? (around 4 years ago)

legend
    Free Member

shame about the Prince of India, always been good when I’ve been – even when it was a beer fueled visit looking for chips 🙂

Toasty

Yeah, Prince of India has always been ok for us as well. Always seems really crazy busy, but they’ve never left us sat there I don’t think. On the flip side the Chinese restaurants in the area always seem completely dead, usually end up there much more than the Indian 🙂

We stay at:

Gledeknowe Guest House in the Scottish Borders

which has always been great. On a related note, we want to take the dog next time, does anyone know any nice self catering in the area for 2 + dog? 🙂

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Shame cox the Prince of India is a cracking feed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Peebles B&B – recommendation – Neidpath Inn’ is closed to new replies.