• This topic has 61 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Pedestrians (again) FFS!!!!!! How difficult is it? You stupid bovine ****wits!!!
  • binners

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

FFS!!!! It gets worse by the ****ing day. What the **** is it with the average pedestrian/docile heffer in the city centre. Here’s the ****ing news, you myopic ****s!!! The strip painted green down the side of the road isn’t an extension of the ****ing Pavement. The clue to what it is, is in the symbols painted every 10 ****ing yards down its entire length.If you glance through the Highway code, or maybe at the blue signs around you, you’ll notice its referred to as ‘cycle path’. Can you imagine what vehicles use it? Go on – try? Maybe chew some grass to aid your ****ing dim-witted thought process. Do you know what one looks like? You ****!!

Perhaps if you unclamped your ****ing mobile from the side of your balloon-like empty ****ing head, you’d be able to register something smaller than a ****ing double-decker in your peripheral vision, before you casually trot off the kerb directly into my ****ing path. Then looking at me as i slam the ****ing anchors on, with an affronted look! As if I’ve somehow dared to invade your ****ing personal space.

Luckily, the herd mentality of the ****ing brain-dead dullards around you ensure you’re not on your ****ing own. They all follow each other into the ****ing road like lemmings. Meaning I’m faced with a veritable slalom course.

THE NEXT ****ING PERSON WHO DOES THIS IS GETTING ****ING MOWN DOWN ON GENERAL ****ING PRINCIPLE

…..and breathe

Stoner
    Free Member

just drop your shoulder and follow through. Its the only way they’ll learn 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

I hit a car mirror (on purpose) yesterday. It had parked and totally blocked the cyclepath, optiosn were either go onto road into oncoming traffic, get off and push bike through muddy puddle or sqeeze down the side and hit the mirror. Hes lucky I didnt take my brake lever down the whole side of it the stupid fvck.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh how I agree with you. There really are some spectacular **** who walk all over the cycle lanes oblivious to everything except their mobile phone.

There were loads out last night – tossers.

mind you, the ride home was brightened by the teenage girls (prob 17 years ish) who decided to pull their jeans down to just about their knees to show off their knickers!

very classy (and appreciated!)

Stoner
    Free Member

cheesey – you live in Essex. They could have flashed their boobs and poured a bottle of WKD over themselves and it would be considered “classy”!

🙂

STATO
    Free Member

yeah! why dont they read the highway code, you do dont you?

There is a risk of pedestrians, especially children, stepping unexpectedly into the road. You should drive with the safety of children in mind at a speed suitable for the conditions.

MrAgreeable

just drop your shoulder and follow through. Its the only way they’ll learn

How is soiling yourself going to teach anyone a lesson?

Another quality rant though. 8/10 at least.

trailmonkey

As if I’ve somehow dared to invade your ****ing personal space.

Sounds like that’s exactly what you did. No law to say peds aren’t allowed in there and it sounds like they were there before you.

I thought it was just car drivers that got wound up because something slower than them was hindering their progress.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you get tourists where you live? They are a particular hazard in Edinburgh – especially during the festival I have collected a couple death race 2000 styleeeee

Stoner
    Free Member

tm – its the timing that irks.

a ped in the cyclelane can be ridden around.
    a ped stepping into the cyclelane just a few feet in front of you without looking and without making any distinguishing manouevres to indicate thats what they are about to do (usually idiotPod or idiotPhone in place) = shoulder fodder (and pant pooing obviously MrA)

sobriety
    Free Member

Trailmonkey,

The strip painted green down the side of the road

Do you cross roads without looking as well then?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stoner – how true!

(classy birds & timing!)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah the old tourist slalom TJ, used to love my ride down Princes Street to work. sometimes i’d take in the royal mile as well just for the fun of it. double points for a crusty ‘performance artist’ and triple points if you get between them and their crowd of idiot onlookers.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is a legendary rant binners. I do not care about the rights and wrongs of the situation, but reading this is like being slapped quite hard with a pint of bile in a thin plastic bag, just below body temperature. Good work. 🙂

trailmonkey

Do you cross roads without looking as well then?

Who said that they didn’t look ? They’ve got a right to be there, you might have to slow down. Big deal.

sobriety
    Free Member

Trailmonkey,

Perhaps if you unclamped your ****ing mobile from the side of your balloon-like empty ****ing head, you’d be able to register something smaller than a ****ing double-decker in your peripheral vision

You’re either illiterate, or trolling badly…

miketually
    Free Member

If you glance through the Highway code, or maybe at the blue signs around you, you’ll notice its referred to as ‘cycle path’.

It sounds like it’s a cycle lane, rather than a cycle path.

If it were a cycle path, the pedestrians have every right to be in it, and you should give way to them.

juan
    Free Member

Do you get tourists where you live?

Don’t make me laugh TJ please…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know where he lives and it is not in his post.

scruff
    Free Member

So whats the differencee twixt cycle lane & a cycle path?

molgrips
    Free Member

Pedestrians along some roads near me often step off the pavement looking the other way to cross the road. The road may be clear of cars, but if they haven’t seen me I tend to maintain a course that ensures I pass right behind them then I say something like ‘watch it’ or ‘heads up’ right in their ear. They jump out of their skin, it’s great 🙂 Teaches them a lesson without actually being agressive.

Of course, this is not recommended with old folks.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Your rant illustrates why I am against cycle lanes and more in favour of educating other road users to be more aware and courteous to cyclists. I am not sure I have this right (but I am sure some one will correct me if I’m wrong), but because cyclists are designated as ‘carriages’ rather than ‘vehicles’ a pedestrian then has as much right to use a cycle lane as a cyclist does. It’s the same reason why technically you can’t bar walkers from the trails at UK trail centres and why Bridleways allow access to horses and bikers, but not motorbikes and cars, which are classed as vehicles.

Cycle lanes are a bad idea IMO – but none of this detracts from the simpleton mobile phone wielding **** idiots that Binners has had the misfortune to encounter!

soobalias
    Free Member

a cycle lane is for riding on, a cycle path mows down pedestrians and rants in online fora.

Soup
    Free Member

Binners I salute you.

9/10

trailmonkey

You’re either illiterate, or trolling badly…

Neither, the following suggests that they have looked, just not registered.

you’d be able to register something smaller than a ****ing double-decker in your peripheral vision

Maybe I just have a different POV to you. Either way, resorting to insults is hardly a dignified way to carry on the discussion. I suggest that you read the forum rules regarding how you talk to people. I’ve a suspicion that you wouldn’t call me illiterate face to face.

juan
    Free Member

No it’s just because you have a we more tourists one week a year and you moan…

That’s all.

crazy-legs

That’s an excellent rant, combines passion in your chosen topic with vitriol, capitals, exclamation marks. Good work, 8.5/10

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan – you really know jack shit don’t you.
    *shakes head*

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you’ve clearly not been to Edinburgh Juan

sobriety
    Free Member

I would happily call anyone who hasn’t read something properly illiterate face to face, and compared to some of the slanging that goes on on here I was fairly civilised, perhaps you’re just being a tad sensitive…

miketually
    Free Member

A cycle lane is on the road. A cycle path is off the road.

IMO: wide roads should have segregated cycle lanes; narrower roads should have low speed limits and traffic calming; there should be direct cycle paths wherever possible, even if this means closing some roads and making cars go a longer route.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

France – Area 640,053 SqMiles
    Edinburgh – Area 100 SqMiles

France Visitors 78000000
    Edinburgh Visitors 4000000

France Visitors per square mile = 121
    Edinburgh Visitors per Square mile = 4000

I thinks that’s why TJ might notice the problem!

(and that’s not including the 40million day visitors the city gets)

scruff
    Free Member

Ah, so a cycle lane is for parking cars on, but a cycle path is also for parking cars on. 😕

scruff
    Free Member

Edinburgh is mainly inhabited by Londoners though, yes?

thick as fvck those mockney monkeys are.

kimbers

its not funny

i hit a pedestrian stepping into a cycle lane in hyde park and he want down quite bad

had to call him an ambulance as hed done his knee,

few weeks later i get called into police to make a statement and wants to sue me!, with no insurance i pretty much crapped myself as didnt knwo what to do,
    fortunately i blagged cover under my parents and they told him to go stick it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh population 400 000 IIRC, tourists during the festival over a million.

domino

My friend commutes in Edinburgh to the Uni every day, just bought her a rather natty bike bell in the shape of a ladybird. Its got a very loud ‘ddddrrrriinnnggggg’ noise. I expect she will get lots of use from it.

miketually
    Free Member

Ah, so a cycle lane is for parking cars on, but a cycle path is also for parking cars on.

A cycle path could be part of a shared footway by the road. It could be a split path, slightly away from the road, but running parallel to it. It could be a shared or segregated path nowhere near to a road, or it could ba a bike-only path miles from the road.

A segregated bike lane would not get cars parking in it, it built correctly.

http://hembrow.blogspot.com/ has some great examples of butch bike paths.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Surely if the council have bothered to paint and mark out a specific area / lane for cyclists to use then the cyclist have the right of way??

We only have a few cycle lanes where I live and there is a white line down the middle of the pathway and in one side has a picture of a person walking every so many yards and in the other side a picture of a bike (common practice I guess). Now I only use it rarely because I’d rather ride in the **** road than have to keep saying ‘excuse me’ (don’t want to ride with a bell) to get past groups of people walking and taking up both lanes and the amount of single walkers who walk in the cycle lane rather than in the walking lane is unbelievable!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why don’t you want to use a bell? I use a shared path as you describe most days and a single ping from the bell from a distance away smooths the way for everyone. I don’t really understand it but pedestrians prefer a bell and you can ring it from a distance away and they are (usually) tuned into it and know that its a bike coming past. A bell makes life easier

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Pedestrians (again) FFS!!!!!! How difficult is it? You stupid bovine ****wits!!!’ is closed to new replies.