Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pedersen Bikes!
  • tyger
    Free Member

clicky

Just chatted with an owner of one of these and he states that they're the most comfortable bike to ride as instead of a saddle they have a hammock!!

coastkid
    Free Member

ive ridden a genuine original Pederston!, frame was designed to absorb bumps through its many long tubes, a friend in west lothian has several genuine pederstons and some modern replicas,makes a jones bike stone age,google him and read his story, quite a mad designer but genuis and way ahead of his time 😮

Waderider
    Free Member

Crikey, I think I've waited years for someone to post on a forum somewhere about pederson bikes, so I can vent my enthusiasm.

I'll have 15 please. What an engineering solution. The only upright that competes with the double diamond on certain fronts……..

coastkid
    Free Member

heres a link on Mikael Pedersen
    he had a rightous beard too 😮

epicyclo

A genius.

A 15lb full size folding bike around 1900.

I'm not so sure about "The result is that all tubes in the frame are subjected only to compressior stress." The chain stays and down tube look like they're under tension to me.

I've seen a few of these at vintage vehicle shows and they're nice looking bikes. I didn't realise they were back in production with modern components.

LardLover
    Free Member

One of the docs at work has one, he raves about it.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

A clubmate 'eccentric' used his on the Club 10 a few years ago…

rootes1

see a guy at waterloo station with one – looks comfy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pedersen Bikes!’ is closed to new replies.