Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pedal wobble… is it all in the mind??
  • DrP

So, on my road bike I clipped a curb with the L/H pedal, got bucked up (but not off!), then realised the pedal was all sqewiff!

Managed to ride home, then swapped the pedals over. From that point on I ‘wasn’t sure’ if the new pedal was ‘wonky’ too. Thought it was the pedal axle so have fitted a new axe, but again the pedal just doesn’t feel right.

It’s not loose, and eyeballing it I can’t see any problem, and riding it it certainly isn’t anywhere near as ‘odd’ as it was when I first hit the curb, so I’m wondering if it’s all in my head now???

I’ve essentially remedied any problem the pedal may have with a new axle, and looking at the crank thread it’s not worn/stripped, and the pedal (old/new) threads in fine, so apart from a buckled crank arm (which I’m sure I’d notice right?), what could be playing with my mind?

I suppose the decider is to get a mate to ride the bike and say “anything wrong with that?” and see what the answer is?
    Arg – it’s doing my head in!!

DrP

cinnamon_girl

Yeah right! Been doing gap jumps again DrP??!!

DrP

I wish! All my ‘bad’ crashes seem to happen on the most benign stretches of road! My last hospital admission occurred riding along a seafront prom FFS!

DrP

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, it’s always the way! I fell over at the New Forest ride last Sunday – I was walking with my bike through some clay-type mud!!

Actually are you not supposed to stroll along a promenade?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The only way you can solve this problem is with a new bike, I’m afraid.

Harsh, yet true.

cinnamon_girl

DrP is the man with the skillz!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pedal wobble… is it all in the mind??’ is closed to new replies.