Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pedal Washer/ Insert Things
  • lennyhenry
    Free Member

Just changed the pedals on some E thirteen TRS Race cranks and where the pedal meets the crank they had a washer and a kind of rubber seal sitting in the indent around the hole for the pedal.
    I guess this is similar to a pedal washer (which I know you can live without) but when the cranks were new this washer/ seal was fitted/ glued/ stuck in the indent in the crank. The seals have now gone a bit crappy and the washers fallen off and I have fitted my pedals without them.
    Anyone know if these were just pedal washers or something more important? And will I die without them?
    FWIW I’ve looked online to see if they can be replaced/ purchased but can’t find any info and still don’t know what they’re called

EDIT: Link to crank here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/e-thirteen-trs-race-am-direct-mount-single-crankset/rp-prod114902
    They are the silver washers that can be seen and they come fixed as part of the crank

tthew

Dunno how critical they are, but can’t you just use ordinary pedal washers and a standard ‘o’ ring?

PS. Are you the real Lenny Henry?

lennyhenry
    Free Member

I’m hoping that if they are just pedal washers then I should be fine without but I will probably get a washer to fit just for peace of mind – hoping they aren’t anything critical.

And, if by ‘the real lenny henry’, you mean the famous comedian, tv personality, charity representative and all round great guy, then yes I am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pedal Washer/ Insert Things’ is closed to new replies.