Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pedal on Parliament this Sunday
  • kcr
    Free Member

Just a reminder for anyone who can get to Edinburgh that PoP is this Sunday, 19th May.
    http://pedalonparliament.org/
    Great day last year, hoping to see even more cyclists there this year.

kcr
    Free Member

Just a wee lunchtime bump before the weekend. Graeme Obree And Audrey Fyfe’s family leading, Chris Boardman And Chris Hoy sending their support.

jamiep
    Free Member

I’m going. I was surprisingly rather fun last year having so many bikes converge

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I see there is a feeder ride from Fife, I might well tag along too.

quartz
    Free Member

“Chris Boardman And Chris Hoy sending their support.”

What does that mean? That they think it’s a good idea but can’t/can’t be arsed to attend?

In that case, can I send my support? I think it’s a great idea.

kcr
    Free Member

You can read The Chris’s responses here :
    http://pedalonparliament.org/cycling-legends-unite-with-families-in-support-of-pedal-on-parliament/

Great to have your support quartz. If you can’t attend, you can write to your MSP, if you are in Scotland, or alternatively, raise the same issues with your MP.

quartz
    Free Member

Unfortunately I can’t attend Pedal on Parliament 2, however, I thoroughly support the aims and objectives of Pedal on Parliament and I urge as many cyclists and non-cyclists alike to attend.

Is that ok?

yacoby
    Free Member

If it wasn’t exam time I would rock up. Just to increase the amount of people without high vis, helemets etc.

kcr
    Free Member

No requirement for a helmet or hi-viz (check out the photos from last year on the PoP site )
    In fact, the organisers are pointing out that you don’t even need a bike!

yacoby
    Free Member

Still what most people seem to be wearing though (not that it is wrong that they should wear helmets/high vis/spine boards/whatever)

I am just in favour of presenting the idea you can get from A to B on a bike without having to wear anything fancy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pedal on Parliament this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.