Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • peaslake pilgrimage
  • jam-bo

peaslake seems to get mentioned a lot and in a week or so I will be staying about 20 mins away for a few days.

is there a quintessential mtb route that will take a couple of hours and highlight the very best the area has to offer.

njee20
    Free Member

No, sadly. It’s not a trail centre, so there’s only a single waymarked trail amid thousands of acres of riding.

Sure if you proffer a date then you’ll either get offers of guiding or group rides. Alternatively you can get maps from various vendors throughout the area, or a GPX from Strava etc.

Happy to help with the latter if of use.

swanny853

Email in profile if you want- two hours should be enough to do a nice little loop on each of pitch and holmbury hills although as njee says not everything is easy to find

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

likewise jam we normally ride wed or thur nights (will need lights now as light is fading fast and we only start 7.30ishpm) and anytime on the weekends we can all coordinate.

Gotama
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you like? If more down orientated stuff then I’d suggest that a pitch and winterfold combo is where you’d want to be for a couple of hours. Holmbury hill is a more xc (I appreciate none of it is exactly dh gnar) due to the profile, bar a couple of trails that I can think of. You’ll probably need someone to show you though as njee says. Pitch is probably easy enough to describe but winterfold not so much.

There’s a good chance i’ll be on parental leave when you’re over this way but whether I can sneak out the door for a couple of hours on the bike is another matter. If you are stuck then my email is in my profile and worth a shot, I live in peaslake so easy enough.

jam-bo

Thanks for the replies. Didn’t manage to get to peaslake, family plans etc.

Spent an hour or so getting completely lost in tilgate. Quite enjoyed it as a change from open moors. I had no idea where I was most of the time and using the motorway noise as a navigation aid. Found some fun singletrack and short Neglected DH runs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘peaslake pilgrimage’ is closed to new replies.