Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Peaslake area… Worth taking my bike for a day?
  • hp_source

Been invited south for a wedding near peaslake and was pondering taking the bike down to either ride the day before or blow the cobwebs off the morning after. Not looking for anything hardcore, just trails bways singletrack etc. Any locals on here the can supply a route? Or suggest somewhere close by?

Ta
    Keith

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good god! That’s right in the middle of the North Downs, some of the best riding in the South!

You’ll do better hooking up with someone off here, but there’s more riding than you can shake a VERY BIG stick at.

Peaslake Village stores serves tea in mugs printed with a bike shop name, and the village is stuffed with riders all weekend. 🙂

catfood
    Free Member

Peaslake is smack bang between Holmbury and Pitch Hill, look on here for Surrey Hills threads, tons and tons of good riding.

topgunsteve
    Free Member

Hi PeterPoddy,

I’ve not been down to Peaslake eitehr, haven’t had the time. Anywhoo, I know that theres plenty of great trails that way but I’d like to string a ride together first. Do you know where I could find a decent map of the trails round there if one such map existed? are any of the trails sign posted?

xcgb
    Free Member

nothing to see here move along now….

cakerider

This could be a starting point for some of the classics – http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/south-east/the-north-downs/

rewski
    Free Member

Map from Nirvana cycles in westcott or just put in peaslake, holmbury hill or leith hill on the garmin connect website.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sack the wedding off and ride both days!

topgunsteve – Nirvana Cycles in Westcott sell a laminated and marked-up map showing some of the better-known trails. Best option is to get a local to show you round though. Have had much more satisfying rides down there when doing that.

topgunsteve
    Free Member

cheers guys

popstar
    Free Member

Pedal and spoke shop in the middle of Peaslake sells good maps for Pitch-Holmbury-Leith hills trails, you will need at least good 4 hours to allow yourself to ride those.

rewski
    Free Member

xcgb – what do you mean?

njee20
    Free Member

He’s suggesting it’ll become too popular. Agree that you’d be crazy not to ride, and that a guided ride is the best bet, there’s so much stuff even with a map you could ride for hours and not find any of the best trails.

If its a weekend there’s always hundreds of riders up there, you can do much worse than just tag along!

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: double post

rewski
    Free Member

Oh right, thanks. Hasn’t the horse already bolted.

hp_source

Brilliant, cheers guys.

The Wedding is on the Saturday the day after “will’s and kate’s royal knee’s up” which means I’ll be off work on the Friday (Bank Holiday woohoo). I’m tempted to drive down Thursday night to get a full day on the Friday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Peaslake area… Worth taking my bike for a day?’ is closed to new replies.