Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Pearl Izumi X-Alp Launch 2 Mtb shoe, anyone….?
  • somafunk

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Launch 2 Mtb shoe, anyone got a pair and if so what do you think?. I’ve been looking for a trail friendly, non racy style (got fizik mb5’s for that purpose and im not racy so very rarely used) all round shoe that is as happy bimbling about on the bike as off it when spending time clearing my trails and doing maintenance/remedial work, what I want is a general wear all day/fit n’ forget shoe. All the reviews I’ve read so far seem to qualify the Alp-X as the favourite so far.

Currently wearing sidi epics for such duties but the sole is a bit too flexy for my liking so any excuse to buy new Mtb disco slippers has to acknowledged.

Alp-X Launch 2 review here

somafunk

Anyone?……….
    ……………but in true stw fashion if i read any bad/poor reports then i’ll most likely ignore them as i’ve already pretty much decided (95%) to give them a try but you never know, perhaps i’m missing some wonder shoe from my list but i doubt it as i wasted 3 hours last night looking at every mtb shoe manufacturers website and these were the only ones that caught my eye, i initially thought of the Giro Terraduro but they look a bit “special” and i dislike velcro on shoes.

Yeah i know the Alp-X has velcro but it’s just one small strip so i can overlook that as they have the excellent Boa lace system to distract my irrational aversion to velcro.

And another thing….velcro waist adjusters on the hips of mtb shorts?…..wtf? – they constantly catch on my jersey’s so c’mon clothing manufacturers – get your **** act together. We are not 3 year old kids going through toilet training so ditch the **** velcro adjusters, they are cheap….they are nasty…..and they just **** annoy me.

So….as i was saying above….Alp-X anyone?………. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Pearl Izumi X-Alp Launch 2 Mtb shoe, anyone….?’ is closed to new replies.