Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pearl Izumi Mens Elite Amfib Bib Tights
  • pacef8
    Free Member

As per title are they any good or as good as the old endura stealth before their quality went down hill.
    I want something for minus degree rides to work.

Pearl Izumi Mens Elite Amfib Road Bike Winter Cycling Bib Commuter Tights Black

leffeboy

I’ve got some AmFib winter tights, don’t know if the are elite or not as I’ve had them a few years now. Absolutely brilliant things. Don’t know how they compare to others but I use them for commuting daily throughout winter as well as fun rides. Easily the warmest most comfortable tights I’ve ever had

pacef8
    Free Member

Thats the sort of answer i was looking for , now what about their sizing? is a medium a medium?.

leffeboy

Just checked and it is the elite things that I have. I’m 5ft9 and 75kg and the medium is comfy if that helps.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

After many years loyal service I replaced a pair of Endura 3/4 bibs with what I thought were the same again. Wrong. Binned them and went for Pearl Izumi PRO 3/4’s. Dunno if they’re ‘amfib’, but they have a ‘thermal’ logo on the hip. Wore them under baggies last winter and, like all of their cycling kit I’ve previously bought, they have been superb. Size-wise they came up as expected in large.
    Incidentally, their running shorts are also worth tracking down. Sensible, comfortable cut and last for ages.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

IMO you can’t go too wrong with Pearl Izumi kit, well made, good material, and cut for function.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve have a set of Amfibs for a couple of years; they’re very warm. I don’t commute, but I don’t wear them on the MTB unless its well below freezing. The quality is good on the set that I have, but I’ve never had anything by Endura for comparison.

sillyoldman
    sillyoldman

Latest ones are ace – have an inbuilt gaiter which sits over boots or overshoes so that water runs off rather than into the shoe.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’m becoming a big pz fan well made and well fitting
    The bibs are the oldest thing of there’s I have. And very pleased
    The extra gaitor bit mentioned above is very good

jamj1974

Just brilliant. They work.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Easily the warmest most comfortable tights I’ve ever had

+1, though the fabric of my oldest pair has begun to delaminate in places, doesn’t affect performance though. Very warm, very water resistant.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pearl Izumi Mens Elite Amfib Bib Tights’ is closed to new replies.