Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Peaky Blinders BBC2 now
  • Bregante

Anyone else watching?

From the ads it looks like a brummie version of Ripper Street. We’ll see.

CountZero

More like a Brummie version of The Gangs Of New York. Pretty violent crowd, by all accounts, and that includes the girls.

novaswift
    Free Member

That lady coppers gonna fall for the bad boy isn’t she???

souldrummer
    Free Member

Couldn’t decide if it was complete tosh or was worth sticking with. Having watched it all I still can’t make up my mind!!

edhornby

Rubbish

deluded
    Free Member

Episode 2 on Beeb 2 tonight at 9.

Unquestionably entertaining – threatening and vivid with compelling performances, particularly from Sam Neil as the God-fearing zealot cop.

Great stuff.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Soul drummer +1. In Brum tonight so might watch again.

Bregante

I’m going to give it another go. Not as good as Ripper Street though.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Like Bregante I am giving it another go, but I am still really struggling to take any interest in it.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I like it , got a mate from school in it though so I’m biased 😛

souldrummer
    Free Member

No; couldn’t take any more. Bailed out!

kayak23

It’s utter carp…

lemonysam
    Free Member

If in the opening scene where they gamble over the car, anyone can see some fool trying to ride up the footpath from Bolton Abbey to Storriths on their road bike – That’s me that is.

If you see someone stalling on the steep part and falling offthen sliding down on their bum. That must be someone else.

Bregante

I quite enjoyed it tonight. Some of the brummie accents though 😯

deluded
    Free Member

It’s true, you do have to get over the poor Brummie accents – but It would be intolerable if they nailed them 😀

Good episode tonight.

colournoise

Dodgy accents aside, it’s way better than Ripper Street. Yes it’s heavily stylised but from what I’ve read that was the director’s intention and it is (for UK TV) very slickly done.

Also has a pretty distinct ‘voice’ from most home grown drama and if nothing else that endears it to me.

Helps that Cillian Murphy is the lead – terrific actor and gives his character a bit more depth and complexity than I suspect was evident in the script. As deluded said, doesn’t hurt having Sam Neill and his Ian Paisley impression as the support turn.

Just have a horrible feeling the writing might descend into obviousness the further the storyline unfolds.

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s ok, not brilliant but passes an hour.

emac65
    Free Member

emac65
    Free Member

emac65
    Free Member

&3

It’s true, you do have to get over the poor Brummie accents – but It would be intolerable if they nailed them

Just like everybody from The Smoke & Eastenders then 😀

It’s been done by a Brummie for Brummies imo…The constant references to the BSA & the Austin are hilarious,as everyone’s family had someone working there….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Murphy, Neil, McRory = strong lead cast
    modern stylings = working ok so far
    plot = point break

I’ve seen worse, much worse. Going to stick with it I think.

easygirl

Nearly turned it off after 10 mins, but glad I stuck with it

DezB
    Free Member

That was better than the first one.
    I’m glad I found out why they are called Peaky Blinders 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Watched the first one. It’s a bit cheesy but it looks great and it’s good to see a UK series trying to do a big, cinematic HBO style production and largely get it right.

twoniner
    Free Member

Episode 2 was on here (Wales) last night. I found the 1st one ok, a bit slow but watchable so I thought I’d hang around for the 2nd. It was like pulling teeth, I’ll never get that hour of my life back. 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Being a Brummie by birth I have tried to get into this. Episode 1 was ok, but bailed half way thru 2 in favour of educating Yorkshire which is a terrible endictment!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Peaky Blinders BBC2 now’ is closed to new replies.