Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Peaktrackworld – best loop from Ringlinglow?
  • colournoise

As title, want to take in Lady Cannings and Devil’s Elbow, but not sure where to go after that. About 30-35km would be cool.

jekkyl

how long are you there for?
    I think it would be best to do lady cannings by itself on a smaller ride. By the looks of the map through you will be right in the middle of lots of good rides. a ten min drive will take you to the top of the ‘epic’ Linacre classic ride from the white peak VB book, a great ride and has a great wild ‘away from it all’ feel, none of it is particularly tech though but it does have plenty of singletrack. https://www.justgoride.co.uk/Routes/20877

or just 5 mins more driving the other way and you’re in Hope with a wealth of routes to choose from, some very tech indeed. What a nice choice to have!

colournoise

This will be just a day trip.

Have ridden from Hope loads and know most if not all the good stuff that side.

Have done one loop from Ringlinglow before but LC was closed and much of the loop (out towards Calver way) was pretty bland moorland trails. Just wondered what else was worth doing around there.

Pook

This will link to it quite nicely. You can take in Wimble Holme Hill and Sheepskull on the way

https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/blog/v-publishing-blog/2014-06-19—free-route-download-white-peak-mountain-biking-eastern-moors.html

docrobster
    Free Member

Start ringinglow. Loops of lady cannings till knackered. Head along Fulwood lane to redmires, up to the pole taking in fox hagg and whyming brook on the way. The Stanage plantation descent. Road slog to burbage bridge. Cruise down the green road to fox house. Cup of tea at longshaw. Over to moss road via wooden pole. Bear right to totley cairn. Down the other side, sheepskulls, back to blacka, wide bar death, ‘Orrible climb to blacka car park, Devils elbow piper house gate etc. When had enough downhill climb Devils elbow, at the top turn right, then left on to sheephill road then up jumble road to lady cannings for another few goes round. Pint of farmers blonde in Norfolk arms. Home.

pnik

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/peak-district-route-2

I’m happy to send you the gpx of the ride i did last year from this thread, finished at lady cannings, probably very similar to described above. Nice loop probably suits your needs.

daddyzord
    Free Member

I haven’t been for a few weeks but I am fairly sure there are two routes at Lady Cannings now. So I would prob do both of them them then back up to the top and over Houndkirk to Parsons Farm and turn left at the main road. Down the road to Blaka car park and through the narrow gate posts to the end for Devils elbow. At the bottom once on the main track turn left then go across the river to the right and follow the path all the way up back to the car park. Back through the posts but instead take the downhill prior to Devils elbow just after the gate.

This time keep going until you hit a proper road and turn right then take your next sharp left. Follow the road until a t junction then left. In 200 yards you will be sat opposite the Door moor inn. You then have two choices. Either slog back up the road

daddyzord
    Free Member

Oops!

…either slog back up the road and take the next right turn. Follow this for about a quarter of a mile until you reach a gate on the left which is a trail that takes you back up to the start of Lady cannings.

Or, turn right and bomb down the road until you reach the very first houses on the edge of Sheff and turn left into the crescent. Half way round there is a steepish bridle way which you follow ( through the gates ) all the way until you get to Ringinglow rd again. Hang a left and ride back up to the Norfolk arms pub..

( probably about as clear as mud this description, lol )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Peaktrackworld – best loop from Ringlinglow?’ is closed to new replies.