Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Peaks this weekend
  • andeh

I fancy a ride in the Peak this weekend but have no cool friends.

Anyone about? Looks like it’s going to be non-horrible weather, unbelievably.

darryl1983
    Free Member

I rode the ladybower loop last sunday and it was surprising good in most places. Was a few areas that were very muddy but 95% of it was ridable. I imagine it will be similar, if not slightly better this weekend, as long as it doesn’t rain a lot in the mean time.

andeh

It’s been fairly mild and breezy, so I should hope that’s dried things up a little.

Anyone got an idea what it’s like along Derwent Edge? Muddy I’d imagine.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I’m thinking of the Hayfield circuit if you fancy it? I’ll most likely vomit at some stage, even produce blood in my saliva but hay…could be fun 😆

edward2000
    Free Member

My mates are riding Sunday in the Hope valley/Ladybower. I cant ride this weekend unfortunately 🙁 If you would like to join them just drop me an email and i can put you in touch with them. They’re a really friendly bunch of guys and would welcome you im sure. Emails in my profile.

Ed

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m in Sheffield this weekend but am not sure that I’ll be riding as I need to run Sunday (I’ve signed up for a half marathon and need to pull my finger out so don’t want to be pooped).

Where were you thinking of riding? I’d love to be out around Stanage and Wyming Brook this weekend, especially as the weather is going to be nice.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Thx Ed,

Think better half is working on Sun, hence Sat being my only window…will email u just in case.

Cheers

LT

scaled
    Free Member

Think better half is working on Sun, hence Sat being my only window.

[quote]

You’re doing it all wrong!

Bike in car, drop the OH at work, head to trails – it gives you all day to ride, surely?

richpips
    Free Member

I’d avoid the BW below Kinder Low End and the drop down to the res.

I ran that way last night and it was sodden.

andeh

I’d be up for anything to be honest, completely open to ideas, though I am limited by public transport somewhat. Stanage could be good, nice and rocky.

Email in my profile…..maybe.

jeed
    Free Member

I know this was last weekend, but if anyone’s about and is up for a ride on Sat I’d be up for heading out – just moved to Sheffield and finding my way around, so a bit of local knowledge would be good 🙂

Cheers (emails in profile)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Peaks this weekend’ is closed to new replies.