• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • Pook

Let’s have another video to rally the troops….

[video]http://vimeo.com/29540165[/video]

thepodge
    Free Member

I like the video but can we change the music and the frame rate?

I might have ordered the bits for Caroline’s bike by then so expect a two pronged attack

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m in!

Pook

Podge – you and Mrs Podge coming? Excellent. I’ll put on my drinking trousers.

joelm76
    Free Member

I’m in too. Can offer lift from Sheffield

flyingmonkeycorps

I reckon I actually might be able to make this one, though I’ll have to check with Mrs Monkey. Anyone coming from Hull way?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I can’t do that date but I am up for any sunday pootles, Marsdenmeanderthal man get the Marden meander sorted and we’ll come for that

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I may well be able to get a pass off th emissus, just depends what the doctor says about riding, he may put some unreasnoble restriction on me like “no crashing”.

We’ll see.

Anyone else doing up for a car park bivi beforehand? I’ll bring the bacon and eggs.

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks like I’m allowed, and can have the car. Woo yeah!

thepodge
    Free Member

depends on the size of the group and the route as to whether Mrs Podge comes, she’s still in one hill winter mode and doesn’t like large sausage fest groups… so drinking trousers may not be required, your cricket box is another matter though as I believe you are due a hoof in the pods

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am definetly maybee for this one as it is a kids free weekend – depends where as many places in the peak take as long to reach as the lakes and a mate is threatening a lakeland winter ride

ComradeD
    Free Member

Im in

BadlyWiredDog

I might come along. I’ll probably ride over from the Manchester side of things if anyone fancies a warm-up.

Popocatapetl

I’ll be there 😀 and i will bring along a big bag of “Radical gnarness” for the next video 😯

Bunnyhop

of “Radical gnarness” for the next video

Gurning.

hora
    Free Member

I’m in but in no way will I ever ride Pindale again! 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m in but in no way will I ever ride Pindale again!

Because we hid your bike or because you can’t ride down a straight farm track with a few stones on it?

hora
    Free Member

Because its supa-GNAR 😆

flyingmonkeycorps

Wait… Stones? There are STONES in the Peak? I thought we were just going to be flumping down a gently packed bed of fluffy kittens?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You’ll never ride pindale however you insist on riding cavedale whenever possible!

Pook

I don’t know where to go yet.

mintimperial

I thought we were just going to be flumping down a gently packed bed of fluffy kittens?

I rather like Fluffy Kittens (nee. The Beast). I wouldn’t describe my technique in getting down it as ‘flumping’ though, it’s distinctly more rattly than that.

flyingmonkeycorps

Heheh, my post may have been a masked reference to the KittenBeast

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I agree with Hora, can we do Cavedale?

Given the argument for the September one I was expecting full on RAD-ness from Pindale, but then again I was on the Pitch which makes everything easy.

hora
    Free Member

Plus Pindale- how many people had pinchflats on there? It was like the Charge of the Light Brigade, finding yourself alone amongst the Russian guns 😯

h4muf
    Free Member

Haha! We went down like flies!

momo

Hmmm, as long as I don’t break myself again before this I should be up for it.

Pook

lockerbrooks my highlight at the mo

Sandwich

Ooh Cavedale, I’ve been down that (well the bottom half) with it covered in ice. Mince-core lite was the approach then. A little better and I might get to jey-core!!

hora
    Free Member

“Anyone else doing up for a car park bivi beforehand? I’ll bring the bacon and eggs.”

Ooo ello 8)

Pook

Last time I did Cavedale I cleared it. First time in many a year, but I was a happy happy man!

I normally dab two or three times.

It is fun though.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

It’s certainly interesting on ice

will
    Free Member

Still up for this at the moment! 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve only ever done Cavedale once, on my first ever trip to the Peak after having only ever ridden trailcentres. Scared me a bit!

will
    Free Member

Bump this back up.

Almost certainly on this now 🙂 First MTB ride of the year so I suspect i’ll bail a few times 😆

skiprat
    Free Member

Yep, its an in for me.

Ah, i remember Cavedale in the ice…..no rocks, just sheet ice!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m out, doc’s put the unreasnoble caveat on my riding of “no crashing” untill the end of Fenuary at the earliest :'(

dawson

@TINAS – 25th of Feb IS nearly the end of Feb?

scaled
    Free Member

Is there a station anywhere near?

And mre to the point what are they like with you taking bikes on the train? 😀

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Station in Edale, IF that’s where it’s starting

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.