Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 300 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: feb 19th, white peak
  • jools182
    Free Member

It looks rank, I think I’ll be sitting this one out
    Hope all you less soft people have a good one 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t normally do this, but fercrissakes MTFU, it’s just a bit of drizzle… 😉

sambob
    Free Member

Man up! You still going BWD?

nbt

tandem fixed. srtting off now 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

just a bit of rain in the lay by at the start.

mintimperial

Well, I was fully intending to come on this one but the combination of a couple of inches of slush and the total inability of our local council to clear or even grit the roads has put paid to that. Took forty minutes to drop son off at grandparents, should take fifteen, so no way I can make it now. Damnit.

allthegear
    Free Member

Might not get there till 1035. Please wait!! Please!!!

Stupid drivers + snow issues

Pook

See – all smiles!

Sorry I had to bail early guys – good job i did as it was still slow coming back over. Been in about 20 mins.

Cracking ride as always though – nice bunch of folks once more. Hope Ladder Hill was fun!

I’ll look at the video tomorrow.

amodicumofgnar

There’s a video?

Pook

not yet there’s not! just had a look at all the stuff I was filming while loitering at the side and there’s some nice stuff.

robdob
    Free Member

Yeah the snow didn’t affect it too much I reckon.

Thanks for making me welcome again despite my glacier like speed uphill. 😀

Me and rich were discussing riding in the sun on the way back. Anyone remember what that is like?? 😉

BadlyWiredDog

Ace! Cheers guys, that was highly amusing and pleasantly relaxed. I’ll stick some wet puddle crossing pics up later along with the ‘gorillas in the mist shots’ and some random tandem action 🙂

Pook

“random tandem”

I like that.

GRAEMEJONES

A big thanks to Pook and every one, a most enjoyable Pootle for my first one. Please can somebody book sunshine for the next one!
    Rich you left your gloves in the back of my van by the kettle,email (in profile)with your address and I’ll post them back to you when they have dried out.
    A great ride out considering the grim weather, thanks again to every-one.

Pook

Cheers Graeme and thanks for the tea and cake – credit is really due to Jules again for the route choice. A beginners’ ride made killer by the snow!

sambob
    Free Member

I hope my amazing puddle skills wil be shown to the world. Only 5 people in the pub after! 😯

derp
    Free Member

Looks like lots of fun was had and it wasn’t as much of a sausage fest as the last pootle 😉

amodicumofgnar

Peak Pootle 18Feb2011 00123 by onemanmows, on Flickr

A few pictures of snow and stuff. – linked to slide show on flickr

BadlyWiredDog

“random tandem”

I like that.

Seemed to work on several levels, ta 🙂

Bunnyhop

Great fun in the snow, lots of sketchy moments. Thanks to everyone who bothered 😉 to come out to play.

It took us an hour to cycle home, blimey we were wet and cold, thank the Lord for underfloor heating.

Lol @ random tandem.

singlespeedstu

Cheers folks that was a top day out with some nice friendly people.

Fantastic fun tandemeering in that snow.I have no idea how we managed to stay on on a couple of the descents, propper ass clenching stuff. I’ve not had that much of a laugh with a bunch of folks I didn’t know in a long while.

If any of you guys want a bit of guiding in Mid Wales just give us a shout. I’d be more than happy to return the favour.

Only got one picture today.

110219_123935 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

kmp_julie
    Free Member

thanks for a great ride today in the unexpected snow. Brilliant fun and nice to meet you all too.

Great to put a face to name at last Bruce. Like your pics too. Will try to get mine up at some point.

GRAEMEJONES

Hmm, Mid Wales Pootle? Please can we wait until the rain warms up a bit! 🙂

amodicumofgnar

thanks for a great ride today in the unexpected snow. Brilliant fun and nice to meet you all too.

Great to put a face to name at last Bruce. Like your pics too. Will try to get mine up at some point.

Likewise, was that BWD with you? The day job alter egos have been attempting to meet for ride since I moved to Chapel. Two and a bit years later it kind of happened although I didnt know it.

Finally put a face to sambob. Managed to fill a few more who knows who gaps – the world just got smaller.

Stainypants

I was going to come along for my first pootle today but had my appendix removed last weekend which is better excuse than a bit of snow. That photo from derbyshire bridge is a bit of suprise as we had no sign of snow in Macclesfield today

Popocatapetl

Thanks Chris and Jules for another great ride despite the snow. Great company and a good route as always. When’s the next one? 😀 Ady.

beefy

Yeah, cheers for welcoming a stupid ‘cross rider! Lots of fun, felt like riding in Narnia!

When the weather sorts itself out, fancy having a holmfirth peaks pootle? Its in the peaks, just….

Bike is in the bin now, going to burn it or something.

beefy

Oh yeah, shouts n stuff out to Graham for being a true cake pimp!

h4muf
    Free Member

We got as far as flagg then hit a massive tailback on a515.

We was gonna be alot later than 10.30 so had a little pootle of our own 😀

Gutted to miss it,so did 11ish miles of the pennine bridleway.

BadlyWiredDog

Likewise, was that BWD with you?

Yep, that was me 🙂 I should have introduced myself properly but 90% of my energy at the moment is expended on the simple act of just riding the bike. I’m now properly wrecked in that post-illness ride sort of way. Anyway, at least we avoided talking shop…

GRAEMEJONES

BEEFY ! Lost your gloves? email me( in profile ) I’ll post them back.
    Thanks for the cake appreciation !

nbt

Topley Pike Quarry, lee? I did wonder where you’d got to. GLad to see you go out.

Thanks to those who came, hope everyone made it back safely who went down Long Hill. Did anyone go to the pub? SOrry we couldn’t stay but glad we decided to head off, by the time we got home (6 hours and about 30 miles after leaving) my feet were like blocks of ice.

Mid wales is a good shout stu, great to meet you and we’ll most definitely be up (or down) for some riding round there, closest I’ve been is Long Mynd and the Rough Ride out of Kington, both of whic I enjoyed immensely. Shall we leave it till summer though? 😉

GRAEMEJONES

BEEFY ! Lost your gloves? email me( in profile ) I’ll post them back.
    Thanks for the cake appreciation !

nbt

And graeme, ta for the cake, proper home made ginger cake, yum 😀

singlespeedstu

Summer time sounds good to me. 8)

allthegear
    Free Member

BTW – know a cracking place to stay in Penmachno.

Rachel (with nice warm feet at last!!!)

singlespeedstu

The Eagles by any chance?

The Mid Wales location I’m thinking about is miles away from Penmachno though.

h4muf
    Free Member

Cheedale Jules,this what it’s looks like in summer.

See you all on the next one 8)

kmp_julie
    Free Member

aha thought that looked like cheedale, did you go down or up the nice switchback descent? I agree much better in summer.

I’ve popped up today’s pics on flickr here forgot how bleak it was on the tops.

h4muf
    Free Member

Went up the switchbacks,very hard going today!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: feb 19th, white peak’ is closed to new replies.