• This topic has 458 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

double post

toxicsoks
    Free Member

* looks to finishing in the top 70* 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t worry, only half will actually make it in the day.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Don’t worry, only half will actually make it in the day.
    In my experience only, about, 25% turn up on the day.
    Shall we take bets?

Pook

When we say ‘turn up on the day’ do we mean in the literal or metaphorical sense? If the later, for a pootle the number is generally nearer the 5% mark

Onzadog
    Free Member

5%? Isn’t that about 3.6 people?

Curious to know who the 0.6 of a person will be.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I was going to bake mini-victoria sponges but looking at the attendance list that would require cottage-industrial organisation.

What about x 3 cakes, 30+ sarni bags and a large knife??

EDIT: x6 cakes with 70+ sarni bags 😯

crazy-legs

Is there a meeting time/place decided yet?
    Or is that buried in the depths of Page 4 and I actually have to read all that?!

jekkyl

Will have to be a large carpark.

Pook

Main car park, edale, 10 am

vickypea
    Free Member

Wow! We had a night ride a couple of months back with a turnout of 18, and we thought that was a lot to manage!
    We’ll be out in the Hayfield area do we probably won’t cross paths, but will keep an eye out for such a big crowd on the horizon!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

*Somewhere above the Hope Valley 01/12/13* “Er, are you ready for this downhill?”

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@toxicsoks – just after this didn’t they all move forward shouting “DEATH”? 😯

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No, they shouted “cake!”

toxicsoks
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member

No, they shouted “cake!”

Correct! 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    No, they shouted “cake!”

As long as it’s as good as the cake last time I’ll follow them down anything!

Sandwich

Maybe Pook will finish with “at my command unleash hell cake”

bowie278
    Free Member

Toxicsoks that picture made me giggle.

Pook, is mrs Bowie278’s dad allowed to come? He’s been out of action for a few months but has a new steed and now wants to tackle the world on it!

Bunnyhop

I wouldn’t worry about numbers, it usually starts off with a large amount of mtbers and within 3 minutes (this is true) at least half of them have turned the wrong direction and just keep on going 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The last Pootle descending Jacob’s Ladder:

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Having not been on a pootle before what’s the etiquette with names? Personally you can call me whatever you want, but do people generally use when you only know each other from a forum? I just envisage not knowing who anyone (bar the odd one or two) is and getting flustered trying to rember whos who when everyone could have two names

Ok, so I wont get flustered I will ride my bike and eat cake and hopefully not offend anyone 🙂

solarpowered
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    I wouldn’t worry about numbers, it usually starts off with a large amount of mtbers and within 3 minutes (this is true) at least half of them have turned the wrong direction and just keep on going

😆
    Proper going to miss you BH!! 😥

@ adjustable: I’m +1 on that score! Name badges maybe?…. I bumped in to Hora the other week & had absolutely no idea it was him until the bf told me! Yes, I know, I was lucky not to be alone 😯
    No, I joke…. He was dead nice & genuine 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Look at it the other way. If everyone has two names, you’ve twice as much change of remembering at least one of them.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Name badges?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I bumped into Hora around ladybower a couple of weeks back. Hate to say it, but he is a nice bloke in real life.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Never been on a STW ride before, so will respond to forum name/real name or “that dozy, old sod at the back/walking”. 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Adjustablewench is easier to remember than my first name so happy to be adjustable or wench

I had heard hora was nice in person too – but didnt know if it was just an urban myth or if he really is the stw equivalent of the wizard of oz 😀

crazy-legs

Adjustablewench is easier to remember than my first name so happy to be adjustable or wench

I remember reading on some forum piss take thread about “forum member introductions”, usually in some trail centre carpark… The idea being to choose a forum name that has maximum potential for embarrassment when asking “Hello, are you adjustablewench?”

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Been on two and everyone seemed to be really nice folks – even Hora. 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

And must remember to ask ‘are rogerthecat’ not ‘do you . . .

andeh

Gutted I’m going to miss this because of work, I had a really good day on the Pootle last summer 🙁

simmy
    Free Member

I just normally stand in the background and wait for the off and stay at the back.

Looking forward to jacobs ladder

Scapegoat

My lad has expressed an interest in this….. so Pook you have managed the impossible, dragging him away from his rugby for a day!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Looking forward to walking down jacobs ladder

😯

Pook

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about the numbers. But, as has been said we normally lose a few by the first hill anyway so that should help…..

I’ll be easily recognisable as the bloke with the stressed look and counter.

bearnecessities

I keep contemplating this, then decide against it (the sensible choice for a miserable git) and the then bloody thread pops up again!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Go on! – you know you want to, whats not to like cake and bikes ;D

Pook

Could anybody who feels up to helping out on the day with guiding/counting e mail me please?

MartynS

Chris

Ygm

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I’ll be the 6% person along with Graham ,

Mart

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.