• This topic has 458 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • Pook

Al – no.

Old boy – yes

eth3er
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

oldboy
    Free Member

Thanks, Pook, I can bring extra bananas in case there are others of my dietary persuasion 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vickypea
    Free Member

I would’ve come too, but we’ve organised a club ride round the Hayfield area that day.

Pook

Pff vp – swap the day!

skiprat
    Free Member

Yeah no problem with the lift Pook.
    Best clean the van out!!

vickypea
    Free Member

Will come on the next one! Too late to swap our day unfortunately. I love Hope, still learning to ride the Beast though, so I’d definitely be at the back on that 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

tazzymtb – MemberPop will you bring a muzzle and lead to make sure I play well with normal folk and don’t bite? 

There are normal folk on here ?! 😀

pop-larkin
    Free Member

It’s all relative AW !

rogerthecat
    Free Member

pop larkin – Member
    It’s all relative AW !

I certainly is in the ‘Dark Peak’! 😯

tazzymtb

Lol at roger aw and pop, freaks the lot of you!

Pook

I’m a bit scared now.

trout
    Free Member

Sounds like a fun day out would love to attend but daughter is moving house that weekend 😥

would be trying for a position at the back on a Fatty
    maybe next time

Onzadog
    Free Member

would be trying for a position at the back on a Fatty

At least offer to buy me dinner before being so blatant.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Pook-what do you drink? I owe you one! Can’t wait! I’m in!!! I am definitely NOT going down the beast though….. Not brave enough for that yet 🙂

Pook

What do I drink? Depends on the time of day! Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!

IHN

Bloody typical. First Pootle of us living in Peaks Pootle land and we’re not bloody here.

Jamie
    Free Member

Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!

Pook

#tinfoilhat

nbt

flyingmonkeycorps

Ooh I might be up for this, the last one was fun. Just need to check with the boss if I’m free that weekend, and hopefully rope in some other ‘Ull folk…

ricardo666
    Free Member

Put my name down for my first peaks pootle.

Trekster

In an attempt to do this on the cheap and have a weekend away with MrsT we were thinking of getting train. Manchester and booking a Premier Inn.
    Are there any trains out to Hope or anyone going from central Manc able to give me a lift?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    What do I drink? Depends on the time of day! Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!
    POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

The type of drink you really really enjoy…all to yourself! For me it’s a nice glass of red 😉 and Ignore me about the route plan. Just read ‘beast’ above & got all scaredy pants! 🙄

solarpowered
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    Bloody typical. First Pootle of us living in Peaks Pootle land and we’re not bloody here.
    POSTED 13 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Not funny ….. Very sad 🙁

portlyone

I’m up for it again

Pook

Well SP, I must admit I do like a nice Shiraz – though I’m not sure what I’ve done to earn it!

In the meantime, here’s another Pootle…

[video]http://vimeo.com/51469768[/video]

solarpowered
    Free Member

Shiraz it is! Thankyou! You’ll realise why when I see/meet you again! Ace vid btw x

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I’m off right now to buy by mini sponge tins………………

flyingmonkeycorps

@portlyone – you bought my Heckler right? Do you still have it? Be ace to see what you’ve done with it!

hora
    Free Member

@ 1:36 in the above vid ^ please bring your Beemer and if I’m good can I finally have a spin? (mister) 🙂

Bunnyhop

Pook – Member
    Well SP, I must admit I do like a nice Shiraz – though I’m not sure what I’ve done to earn it!

I know why and believe me you really do deserve ( a bottle of champagne imo) it 🙂

P.S solarpowered is one of my bessie mates.

Pook

Intriguing…..

Bunnyhop

All will be revealed at the Pootle.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Calling all Peaks Pootlers this May be of interest http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pdnpa-want-to-talk-to-us

thepodge
    Free Member

Ah, that reminds me. Chris, check your emails in 5 minutes, I had a brainwave about the route

stumpy01

Need to check the calendar and re-read through this tomorrow but could well be the first one that I can get along to….!

phil56

@ 1:36 in the above vid ^ please bring your Beemer and if I’m good can I finally have a spin? (mister)

If I do bring the beemer, you can have a spin – but might be bringing the van. I’ve got to pick a wheel up off you as well I think – for Pete?

nbt

Are there any trains out to Hope or anyone going from central Manc able to give me a lift?

yes, there’s a direct train to edale / hope (depending on start point) from piccadilly. Not many on a sunday though and they’re only small trains so you will need to check times and hope they’re not ram pakced with other bikers getting the train out for the day

Pook

Ok folks – route decided – thanks for the rubber stamp from nbt and thepodge.

START: Edale main car park
    TIME: 10am for 10.15am grand depart.

There is ample parking, for over 4 hours (ride + pub) it’s £5 in change. Yes there is free parking elsewhere, but if you park there I can’t see you getting ready/arriving so you have to be on time at edale. I don’t take a register!

The train station is just by the car park – we meet in the main car park, not the train station car park though, so you’ll have to roll down to that to find us.

Trains:
    From Manchester Piccadilly, 7.45am or 9.22
    From Sheffield, 9.20am

There you go.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.